Tottenham Hotspur are taking on Leicester City in the final match of the 2017-18 Premier League season. There are a couple of final moments in this match: it’s the last time Spurs will play at “home” at Wembley Stadium. It also could very well be the last time we see players such as Toby Alderweireld, Mousa Dembele, and Danny Rose in Tottenham gear.
Spurs are going into this match knowing that a win will see them finish in third place ahead of Champions League finalists Liverpool, but it still feels like it’s all just gravy from here. The hard work is done — no matter what happens, Spurs will be playing Champions League football in their shiny new stadium next season.
So there’s motivation, but there will probably be rotation. Dembele and Victor Wanyama are still doubts, though Eric Dier should be healthy enough to play. We could see some youth players in the squad or on the bench. Look out for the likes of Kyle Walker-Peters, Tashan Oakley-Boothe, or Reo Griffiths.
It’s kind of nice to be able to watch a match and not really have to be worried about the final score. After a long season, that’s a nice way to end it.
Today’s starting XI: Jakupović, Simpson, Morgan (c), Maguire, Fuchs, Gray, Silva, Iborra, Mahrez, Iheanacho, Vardy.— Leicester City (@LCFC) May 13, 2018
Subs: Hamer, Benalouane, Hughes, Choudhury, Barnes, Diabaté, Ndukwu. #TotLei pic.twitter.com/fwMU521GPO
Match Date, Time and Location
Sunday, May 13, 2018, 10 a.m. (EDT), 3 p.m. (GMT)
Wembley Stadium, London, UK
Match official: Craig Pawson
United Kingdom: Not televised
USA: Bravo TV
Canada: not televised
Australia: Optus Sport
Other countries can find their match listings at livesoccertv.com
United Kingdom: Not streamed
USA: NBC Sports Gold
Match thread rules
The match thread rules are the same as always. To any visitors coming here for the first time, welcome! We're glad you're here! Wipe your feet, mind the gap, and be sure to check out the other pages at this outstanding site. While you're here, though, we have a few rules and regulations.
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They're bad and they get us in trouble. Violators will be banned.
- Please, no discussions of politics in the comments.
- We have rules against "relentless negativity." Don't knee-jerk and post outlandish or hurtful things just because you're frustrated.
- Along those lines, please do not abuse match officials. It's fine to say "wow, that's a bad call, match official," but it's NOT okay to direct copious amounts of abuse in the direction of said official over a call you did not like.
- Treat other people in the match thread the way you would want someone else to treat your grandmother. Be nice. Observe Wheaton's Law. This is a community of fans, not an un-moderated message board.
- NO SPIDERS!!
- Finally, language that is sexist, racist, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you will be immediately banned. This is an open, supportive community. Hate speech will not be tolerated.
Have fun, and COYS!