England take on Panama today in the World Cup! Harry Kane has scored two goals for the Three Lions, but needs to bang in at least a couple more to keep pace with the likes of Romelu Lukaku and Cristiano Ronaldo in the race for the Golden Boot. But more importantly, Spurs will need a win over the hard-tackling Panamanians from CONCACAF in order to ensure progression to the knock-out rounds of the competition.
How to Watch:
England vs. Panama, 8 am ET, 1 pm BST
TV: Fox Sports 1 (USA) | BBC 1 (UK) | other listings on livesoccertv.com
Streaming: Fox Sports Go, Telemundo (USA - Spanish, available through NBC Sports Live) | BBC iPlayer (UK) | fubo.tv (free trial)
Any Spurs players involved?
England features Harry Kane, Dele Alli, Eric Dier, Danny Rose, and Kieran Trippier. After Lineup-Gate, most people think that Kane and Trippier will start today. Dele is expected to be rested after picking up a slight thigh injury against Tunisia. Rose and Dier will probably be on the bench because Gareth Southgate is a stupid doody-head who thinks Ashley Young is a wingback.
How about former Spurs?
Say hello to Kyle Walker, former Tottenham Hotspur player, now with Manchester City.
Any transfer targets or rival players I’m probably interested in?
If you squint, you can possibly make a case for Spurs bidding for Harry Maguire this summer, but it’s a long-shot rumor. There aren’t that many Panamanians of note.
Match thread rules:
- The match thread rules are the same as always. To any visitors coming here for the first time, welcome! We’re glad you’re here! Wipe your feet, mind the gap, and be sure to check out the other pages at this outstanding site. While you’re here, though, we have a few rules and regulations.
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They’re bad and they get us in trouble. Violators will be warned or banned.
- We have rules against “relentless negativity.” Nobody likes a Negative Nancy. Don’t knee-jerk and post outlandish or hurtful things just because you’re frustrated.
- Along those lines, outright abuse of players or match officials is verboten. It’s fine to say “wow, that’s a bad call, match official,” but it’s NOT okay to direct copious amounts of abuse in the direction of said official over a call you did not like.
- Treat other people in the match thread the way you would want someone else to treat your grandmother. Be nice. Observe Wheaton’s Law. This is a community of fans, not an un-moderated message board.
- NO SPIDERS!!
- Finally, while we don’t have a rule against profanity, please try and keep the naughty words in check. Nobody loves a potty mouth. Also, language that is sexist, racist, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you will be immediately banned. This is an open, supportive community.
- Have fun, and COYS!