It’s finally here! Spurs have had their fun in the California sun this week, and now it’s time to get down to business. Tottenham Hotspur will face A.S. Roma for the second consecutive summer as part of the International Champions Cup, this time at SDCCU Stadium in San Diego.
The lineup we’ll see is a complete mystery, but we know we won’t see any of the World Cup stars from England, Belgium, and France, as they’re still taking a well deserved rest. That means no Harry Kane, Hugo Lloris, Jan Vertonghen, Dele Alli, etc. We’ll probably see some Fernando Llorente, though. We’ll almost certainly see the likes of Lucas Moura, Son Heung-Min, Erik Lamela, Kyle Walker-Peters, and Davinson Sanchez. We’ll also get some development squad players as well, youngsters who are eager to impress the gaffer and hopefully secure a roster number.
There are no high stakes here. It’s about fitness, and seeing who’s got what it takes to earn a place on this Tottenham side. It’s also about giving American Spurs and Roma supporters a chance to see their favorite teams in action.
Let’s have some fun! COYS!
#THFC: Vorm (C), Aurier, Carter-Vickers, Davies, Walker-Peters, Amos, Sissoko, Eriksen, Lamela, Lucas, Llorente. #SpursInUSA #ICC2018 pic.twitter.com/MNSgyRPiSH— Tottenham Hotspur (@SpursOfficial) July 26, 2018
TEAM NEWS | | Here is the starting XI for our @IntChampionsCup opener against @SpursOfficial!— AS Roma English (@ASRomaEN) July 26, 2018
#ASRoma #RomaTour #ICC2018 pic.twitter.com/XV1kqJfkE2
How to Watch
Date/time: Wednesday, July 25, 2018 | 10:00 p.m. (USA), 3 a.m. Thurs. (UK)
Venue: SDCCU Stadium, San Diego, California
TV: ESPN2 (USA), Premier Sports (UK), DAZN (Canada), not televised (Australia), other listings at livesoccertv.com
Streaming: ESPN3 / WatchESPN (USA)
Radio: Audio streamed at tottenhamhotspur.com. UK - check local listings (assuming you’re up at 3 a.m.)
Match thread rules:
- The match thread rules are the same as always. To any visitors coming here for the first time, welcome! We’re glad you’re here! Wipe your feet, mind the gap, and be sure to check out the other pages at this outstanding site. While you’re here, though, we have a few rules and regulations.
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They’re bad and they get us in trouble. Violators will be warned or banned.
- We have rules against “relentless negativity.” Nobody likes a Negative Nancy. Don’t knee-jerk and post outlandish or hurtful things just because you’re frustrated.
- Along those lines, outright abuse of players or match officials is verboten. It’s fine to say “wow, that’s a bad call, match official,” but it’s NOT okay to direct copious amounts of abuse in the direction of said official over a call you did not like.
- Treat other people in the match thread the way you would want someone else to treat your grandmother. Be nice. Observe Wheaton’s Law. This is a community of fans, not an un-moderated message board.
- NO SPIDERS!!
- Finally, while we don’t have a rule against profanity, please try and keep the naughty words in check. Nobody loves a potty mouth. Also, language that is sexist, racist, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you will be immediately banned. This is an open, supportive community.
- Have fun, and COYS!