But the time before THAT was one of the more glorious wins in Spurs history. The 1-0 win at the San Siro on February 17, 2011 gave Spurs a critical win in the opening leg of their Champions League Round of 16 match, and it came in the 80th minute thanks to a gut-busting run from Aaron Lennon and a simple, square ball to an unmarked Peter Crouch.
And he’s away Aaron Lennon... CROUCH... YESSSSSSSSS
That match was also known for a dust-up at the end when Matthieu Flamini went in hard on Vedran Corluka, which led to Gennaro Gattuso shoving Joe Jordan in the neck. Now, Gattuso is manager of AC Milan. Funny, huh?
Crouchy, Lennon, Gareth Bale, and everyone else from that squad has moved on, and we’re not expecting anything along the lines of those kinds of fireworks in tonight’s International Champions’ Cup friendly at Minneapolis’ US Bank Stadium. In fact, the roles of Spurs and Milan have probably flip-flopped in the seven years since they last met. It’ll be squads of reserve players and untested youngsters tonight, but nobody will care, since it’s still Tottenham Hotspur football, and that’s a good thing.
Just keep Gattuso away from Pochettino.
How to Watch
Date/time: Tuesday, July 31, 2018 | 7:35 p.m. (CT), 8:35 p.m. (ET), 1:35 a.m. Wed. (UK)
Venue: US Bank Stadium, Minneapolis, Minnestota
TV: ESPNNews (USA), Premier Sports (UK), DAZN (Canada), beIN Sports (Australia), other listings at livesoccertv.com
Streaming: ESPN3 / WatchESPN (USA)
Radio: Audio streamed at tottenhamhotspur.com. UK - check local listings
Match thread rules:
- The match thread rules are the same as always. To any visitors coming here for the first time, welcome! We’re glad you’re here! Wipe your feet, mind the gap, and be sure to check out the other pages at this outstanding site. While you’re here, though, we have a few rules and regulations.
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They’re bad and they get us in trouble. Violators will be warned or banned.
- We have rules against “relentless negativity.” Nobody likes a Negative Nancy. Don’t knee-jerk and post outlandish or hurtful things just because you’re frustrated.
- Along those lines, outright abuse of players or match officials is verboten. It’s fine to say “wow, that’s a bad call, match official,” but it’s NOT okay to direct copious amounts of abuse in the direction of said official over a call you did not like.
- Treat other people in the match thread the way you would want someone else to treat your grandmother. Be nice. Observe Wheaton’s Law. This is a community of fans, not an un-moderated message board.
- NO SPIDERS!!
- Finally, while we don’t have a rule against profanity, please try and keep the naughty words in check. Nobody loves a potty mouth. Also, language that is sexist, racist, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you will be immediately banned. This is an open, supportive community.
- Have fun, and COYS!