Let’s be honest, there’s never a “good” time to play Manchester United. Even/especially when you think it’s a good time, like now. Manchester United enters its match today with Tottenham Hotspur off the back of a disappointing and embarrassing loss to Brighton. If the rocky start on the field wasn’t bad enough, things appear to be even shakier off of it, with an apparent rift growing between manager Jose Mourinho and Chairman Ed Woodward.
That’s not to say things are all rosy with Tottenham either. Spurs refused to spend a single pound in the summer transfer window, they announced the opening of the new stadium would be delayed to an unspecified date, and now the club’s captain, Hugo Lloris, was arrested for driving drunk. It’s unknown if he will be available for selection today (let’s hope he’s not) and the impact of his poor discretion could lead to more permanent discipline like losing the captaincy.
Thankfully for Spurs, at least things have gone well on the field. As would be hoped for having not lost a single player from the squad in the summer, Tottenham have played cohesive, tactically astute football through two matches. The same can’t be said for the opponent today.
How to Watch
Date/time: Monday, August 27, 2018 | 3 p.m. (ET), 8 p.m. (Manchester)
Venue: Old Trafford, Manchester, UK
TV: NBCSN (USA), NBC UNIVERSO (USA-Spanish), Sky Sports (UK), TSN GO, TSN2 (Canada), Optus/SBS (Australia), other listings at livesoccertv.com
Streaming: NBC Sports Live (USA), Fubo.tv (free trial)
Radio: Audio streamed at tottenhamhotspur.com. UK - check local listings
Match thread rules:
- The match thread rules are the same as always. To any visitors coming here for the first time, welcome! We’re glad you’re here! Wipe your feet, mind the gap, and be sure to check out the other pages at this outstanding site. While you’re here, though, we have a few rules and regulations.
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They’re bad and they get us in trouble. Violators will be warned or banned.
- We have rules against “relentless negativity.” Nobody likes a Negative Nancy. Don’t knee-jerk and post outlandish or hurtful things just because you’re frustrated.
- Along those lines, outright abuse of players or match officials is verboten. It’s fine to say “wow, that’s a bad call, match official,” but it’s NOT okay to direct copious amounts of abuse in the direction of said official over a call you did not like.
- Treat other people in the match thread the way you would want someone else to treat your grandmother. Be nice. Observe Wheaton’s Law. This is a community of fans, not an un-moderated message board.
- NO SPIDERS!!
- Finally, while we don’t have a rule against profanity, please try and keep the naughty words in check. Nobody loves a potty mouth. Also, language that is sexist, racist, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you will be immediately banned. This is an open, supportive community.
- Have fun, and COYS!