Tottenham Hotspur are in Milan today to face Internazionale at the San Siro in their first Champions League group stage match of the season. Spurs are heading into the match in a bit of disarray after losing two consecutive Premier League matches for the first time since the 2015-16 season. Spurs are without Hugo Lloris, Dele Alli, and Moussa Sissoko due to injury, and left Kieran Trippier and Toby Alderweireld in London for “technical purposes,” according to Mauricio Pochettino. This match comes three days after a grueling defeat to Liverpool, and expect Pochettino to rotate.
This season marks the first time in six years that Inter have made the Champions League, and under Luciano Spaletti the three-time European Champions are trying to regain relevance on the European stage by spending big. Inter now features a number of recognizable names including Mauro Icardi, Keita Balde, Radja Nainggolan, Ivan Perisic, and Joao Mario, though they are clearly still working to adapt. They’ve taken only four points from their opening four games and are 15th in Serie A. Early days, to be sure, and while Spurs may be favored on paper in today’s Champions League match, expect the hosts to be formidable at home.
Stuck in a group that features Barcelona, it is extremely likely that one of these two teams will be the second to qualify to the knockout stages of the Champions League. Hence, this is an extremely important match right off the bat. A win for Spurs would put them in a very good position heading into a home match against Barcelona in October, but any sort of result would be satisfactory. Don’t expect it to be easy.
How to Watch
Time/Date: Tuesday, September 18, 2018 | 12:55 p.m. ET, 5:55 p.m. BST
Location: San Siro, Milan, Italy
Match Official: Clément Turpin (FRA)
TV: BT Sport 3 (United Kingdom), not televised (USA-English), Galavision (USA-Spanish), DAZN (Canada), Optus (Australia), other countries at www.livesoccertv.com
Streaming: B/R Live [$] (USA)
Match thread rules:
- The match thread rules are the same as always. To any visitors coming here for the first time, welcome! We’re glad you’re here! Wipe your feet, mind the gap, and be sure to check out the other pages at this outstanding site. While you’re here, though, we have a few rules and regulations.
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They’re bad and they get us in trouble. Violators will be warned or banned.
- We have rules against “relentless negativity.” Nobody likes a Negative Nancy. Don’t knee-jerk and post outlandish or hurtful things just because you’re frustrated.
- Along those lines, outright abuse of players or match officials is verboten. It’s fine to say “wow, that’s a bad call, match official,” but it’s NOT okay to direct copious amounts of abuse in the direction of said official over a call you did not like.
- Treat other people in the match thread the way you would want someone else to treat your grandmother. Be nice. Observe Wheaton’s Law. This is a community of fans, not an un-moderated message board.
- NO SPIDERS!!
- Finally, while we don’t have a rule against profanity, please try and keep the naughty words in check. Nobody loves a potty mouth. Also, language that is sexist, racist, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you will be immediately banned. This is an open, supportive community.
- Have fun, and COYS!