It’s already been a good weekend for Tottenham Hotspur. Son Heung-Min won a gold at the Asian Games yesterday and got himself an exemption from two years of mandatory military service. Whatever happens today, it probably won’t wipe the smile I get on my face whenever I see that video of Sonny waving the Korean flags.
The Premier League has been pretty good to Spurs this season. They’ve taken nine points from three matches, including a big 3-0 win against United at Old Trafford this past Monday. Their reward is a deceptively tough Watford squad at Vicarage Road, one who also has started the season by winning three matches from three. The Hornet-Moose are led by Roberto Pereyra, who has three goals already, and Troy Deeney, who can give any center back in the league something to think about. Anyone who thinks Watford will be an easy out is likely due for a disappointment.
But Spurs have an in-form Harry Kane and Lucas Moura, and while their wingbacks haven’t been stellar they do have Toby Alderweireld and Jan Vertonghen to anchor the back line. We predicted that Mauricio Pochettino might revert to the back three against Watford, who basically run the dang 4-4-2. Whatever formation they use, Spurs have already been cautioned about complacency by Poch, and they’ll need to play well to get a result on the road today.
| #watfordfc name an unchanged line-up for today's @SpursOfficial match for the fourth @premierleague game running.@chalobah is back among the substitutes, replacing Prödl on the bench.#WATTOT— Watford Football Club (@WatfordFC) September 2, 2018
Matchday Live ⤵️https://t.co/GtJifEzTES pic.twitter.com/tOGoqAGo6U
How to Watch
Note: this match is not televised on TV in the United States. It is streamed on NBC Gold, NBC Sports Live’s premium streaming package.
Date/time: Sunday, September 2, 2018 | 11 a.m. (ET), 4 p.m. (BST)
Venue: Vicarage Road, London, UK
TV: not televised (USA), Sky Sports Main Event/Premier League (UK), Sportsnet One (Canada), Optus (Australia), other listings at livesoccertv.com
Streaming: NBC Sports Gold (USA)
Radio: Audio streamed at tottenhamhotspur.com. UK - check local listings
Match thread rules:
- The match thread rules are the same as always. To any visitors coming here for the first time, welcome! We’re glad you’re here! Wipe your feet, mind the gap, and be sure to check out the other pages at this outstanding site. While you’re here, though, we have a few rules and regulations.
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They’re bad and they get us in trouble. Violators will be warned or banned.
- We have rules against “relentless negativity.” Nobody likes a Negative Nancy. Don’t knee-jerk and post outlandish or hurtful things just because you’re frustrated.
- Along those lines, outright abuse of players or match officials is verboten. It’s fine to say “wow, that’s a bad call, match official,” but it’s NOT okay to direct copious amounts of abuse in the direction of said official over a call you did not like.
- Treat other people in the match thread the way you would want someone else to treat your grandmother. Be nice. Observe Wheaton’s Law. This is a community of fans, not an un-moderated message board.
- NO SPIDERS!!
- Finally, while we don’t have a rule against profanity, please try and keep the naughty words in check. Nobody loves a potty mouth. Also, language that is sexist, racist, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you will be immediately banned. This is an open, supportive community.
- Have fun, and COYS!