Who’s ready for some League Cup? Tottenham Hotspur are at home to face Watford in the
Milk Littlewoods Rumbelows Coca-Cola Worthington Carling Capital One EFL Carabao Cup today, and by “home” we OBVIOUSLY mean Stadium:MK in Milton Keynes, what did you think we meant?!
Spurs are playing a home match outside of the M25 because their new stadium isn’t ready and neither is Wembley. The alternative was to flip the fixture, playing the match at Vicarage Road, a place where Spurs have already lost this season. As a bonus, over 1000 MK Dons fans will be in attendance as part of Spurs’ home allotment of tickets. They’ll probably all be there to watch Dele Alli.
That’s not to say that the teams that met in the Premier League will be all that similar. Both sides are expected to rotate heavily for this match, though former Dons player Dele will likely start as he continues to return from injury. Keeper Paulo “GAZINGA” Gazzaniga will also certainly start in goal for Spurs. We’ll probably see players like Juan Foyth, Kyle Walker-Peters, Fernando Llorente, and Moussa Sissoko. But we don’t really know who Pochettino will trot out today.
This is the “lesser” of the two domestic cups and everybody knows it — the only clubs that take it seriously in the opening rounds are the lower-league clubs that make it this far. (And Manchester United apparently, but aaahahahahahahahahahaha.) It will give Spurs fans an opportunity to watch and evaluate a few younger players or ones on the fringes of the squad, and that’s nice.
A win would be neat, but I’m mostly just hoping for an injury free match, whatever happens. COYS!
| #watfordfc make one change from the starting XI which defeated Reading in the last round.— Watford Football Club (@WatfordFC) September 26, 2018
Cathcart comes in for Prödl in defence.#TOTWAT
Matchday Live ⤵️https://t.co/7MDMXnQGoI pic.twitter.com/eQFt6yMgCP
How to Watch
This match is not televised in the United Kingdom or United States. It is, however, available via legal streaming as part of the new ESPN+ service. The service costs $4.99/mo, but you can sign up for a free 7-day trial. As always, discussions about illegal streams are forbidden and violators will be subject to bans.
Date/time: Wednesday, September 26, 2018 | 3:00 pm (ET), 8:00 pm (BST)
Venue: Stadium:MK, Milton Keynes, UK
TV: not televised (USA/UK), DAZN (Canada), beIN Sports 1 (Australia), other listings at livesoccertv.com
Streaming: ESPN+ (free 7-day trial)
Radio: Audio streamed at tottenhamhotspur.com. UK - check local listings
Match thread rules:
- The match thread rules are the same as always. To any visitors coming here for the first time, welcome! We’re glad you’re here! Wipe your feet, mind the gap, and be sure to check out the other pages at this outstanding site. While you’re here, though, we have a few rules and regulations.
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They’re bad and they get us in trouble. Violators will be warned or banned.
- We have rules against “relentless negativity.” Nobody likes a Negative Nancy. Don’t knee-jerk and post outlandish or hurtful things just because you’re frustrated.
- Along those lines, outright abuse of players or match officials is verboten. It’s fine to say “wow, that’s a bad call, match official,” but it’s NOT okay to direct copious amounts of abuse in the direction of said official over a call you did not like.
- Treat other people in the match thread the way you would want someone else to treat your grandmother. Be nice. Observe Wheaton’s Law. This is a community of fans, not an un-moderated message board.
- NO SPIDERS!!
- Finally, while we don’t have a rule against profanity, please try and keep the naughty words in check. Nobody loves a potty mouth. Also, language that is sexist, racist, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you will be immediately banned. This is an open, supportive community.
- Have fun, and COYS!