Tottenham Hotspur couldn’t beat Liverpool a couple of weeks ago. Can they beat Liverpool Lite? Spurs are at Huddersfield Town today, trying to win their second consecutive away match against a Premier League bottom feeder. This time it’s against the team that is actually at the bottom of the table. Huddersfield have just two points in their opening six matches, and things are looking a little bleak at the moment for David Wagner’s Terriers.
However, Spurs will play this match without their two best creative players in Christian Eriksen and Dele Alli, who are both injured. That means Erik Lamela is almost certainly going to feature from the opening whistle for Spurs, and they’ll need to rely on Harry Kane, Son Heung-Min, and Lucas Moura for their goals today.
Spurs should still have enough talent to get three points against Huddersfield, but you never look a gift horse in the mouth. No away match is an easy one, and if Spurs take their foot off the gas they could find themselves wondering how they managed to drop points to Huddersfield.
Spurs will reunite with an old friend as academy graduate and one-time Carty Free favorite Alex Pritchard now plays (bearded) for Huddersfield. I love Pritch, but I want to make him cry today. Let’s smash ‘em.
TEAM NEWS with @ViessmannUK: #htafc Head Coach David Wagner has made two changes to his starting XI for this afternoon's @premierleague game against @SpursOfficial; 3pm kick-off.— Huddersfield Town (@htafcdotcom) September 29, 2018
➡️ Jonathan Hogg and @pritch_93
⬅️ @ekachunga15 and @vanlaparra17#HUDTOT (AT) pic.twitter.com/G5kFsKMTR1
How to Watch
Date/time: Saturday, September 29, 2018 | 10 a.m. (ET), 3 p.m. (BST)
Venue: The John Smith’s Stadium, Huddersfield, UK
TV: CNBC (USA), not televised, (UK), TSN3 (Canada), Optus (Australia), other listings at livesoccertv.com
Streaming: NBC Sports Live (USA), fubo.tv (free trial)
Radio: Audio streamed at tottenhamhotspur.com. UK - check local listings
Match thread rules:
- The match thread rules are the same as always. To any visitors coming here for the first time, welcome! We’re glad you’re here! Wipe your feet, mind the gap, and be sure to check out the other pages at this outstanding site. While you’re here, though, we have a few rules and regulations.
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They’re bad and they get us in trouble. Violators will be warned or banned.
- We have rules against “relentless negativity.” Nobody likes a Negative Nancy. Don’t knee-jerk and post outlandish or hurtful things just because you’re frustrated.
- Along those lines, outright abuse of players or match officials is verboten. It’s fine to say “wow, that’s a bad call, match official,” but it’s NOT okay to direct copious amounts of abuse in the direction of said official over a call you did not like.
- Treat other people in the match thread the way you would want someone else to treat your grandmother. Be nice. Observe Wheaton’s Law. This is a community of fans, not an un-moderated message board.
- NO SPIDERS!!
- Finally, while we don’t have a rule against profanity, please try and keep the naughty words in check. Nobody loves a potty mouth. Also, language that is sexist, racist, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you will be immediately banned. This is an open, supportive community.
- Have fun, and COYS!