Happy New Year, everyone! Brew some strong coffee, take some ibuprofen, and put toothpicks in your eyes, because it’s Spursday!
Is there such a thing as too much Tottenham Hotspur football? Because it’s getting pretty close to that for me. This is Spurs’ fifth match in 12 days. It’s awesome, especially if Spurs win, but it’s starting to make my eyes roll back into my head.
Thankfully, Spurs get a whole THREE DAYS of rest after today’s match at Cardiff before they take the kids to Tranmere in the FA Cup. That’ll be fun. But first — the Bluebirds.
Tottenham didn’t have the best of matches against Cardiff in the first meeting at Wembley. Eric Dier scored in the 8th minute on a rainy, wet pitch. It was an ugly match, but Spurs came away with the victory. Today, they’re in Wales hoping to bounce back from a disappointing loss to Wolves. Serge Aurier may be back for this match, but we’ll have to see what kind of a lineup Pochettino throws out today.
How to Watch
Date/time: Tuesday, January 1, 2019 | 12:30 p.m. (ET), 5:30 p.m. (UK)
Venue: Cardiff City Stadium, Cardiff, Wales, UK
TV: NBCSN (USA), Sky Sports Premier League (UK), TSN4 (Canada), Optus (Australia), other listings at livesoccertv.com
Streaming: NBC Sports Live (USA)
Radio: Audio streamed at tottenhamhotspur.com. UK - check local listings
Match thread rules:
- The match thread rules are the same as always. To any visitors coming here for the first time, welcome! We’re glad you’re here! Wipe your feet, mind the gap, and be sure to check out the other pages at this outstanding site. While you’re here, though, we have a few rules and regulations.
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They’re bad and they get us in trouble. Violators will be warned or banned.
- We have rules against “relentless negativity.” Nobody likes a Negative Nancy. Don’t knee-jerk and post outlandish or hurtful things just because you’re frustrated.
- Along those lines, outright abuse of players or match officials is verboten. It’s fine to say “wow, that’s a bad call, match official,” but it’s NOT okay to direct copious amounts of abuse in the direction of said official over a call you did not like.
- Treat other people in the match thread the way you would want someone else to treat your grandmother. Be nice. Observe Wheaton’s Law. This is a community of fans, not an un-moderated message board.
- NO SPIDERS!!
- Finally, while we don’t have a rule against profanity, please try and keep the naughty words in check. Nobody loves a potty mouth. Also, language that is sexist, racist, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you will be immediately banned. This is an open, supportive community.
- Have fun, and COYS!