Tottenham Hotspur host Watford at Wembley Stadium today with an opportunity to close the gap on Manchester City to just two points with a win. However, they’ll have to do it once again without Dele Alli or Harry Kane, and they are coming off of a week in which they had two listless domestic cup losses.
The good news however is that Son Heung-Min is back and is likely going to feature. Whether that means a start for the Korean after an exhausting trip to the UAE for the Asian Cup, or a start on Spurs’ bench remains to be seen. Spurs’ central midfield is also healthy again, which is weird. Mauricio Pochettino has Eric Dier, Victor Wanyama, Harry Winks, and Moussa Sissoko to choose from and whoever doesn’t start will likely be on the bench today.
Watford were the first club to trip up Spurs this season, winning 2-1 in early September at Vicarage Road, a match in which a first choice Spurs side didn’t manage to score a goal (two goals and an own goal from Watford). It was Watford’s first win over Spurs since 1994, and they are hoping to take points off of a Spurs side that is offensively-challenged.
It’s a winnable match for Spurs, but they will have to play well to earn the points.
#THFC: Lloris (C), Aurier, Sanchez, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Rose, Winks, Sissoko, Eriksen, Son, Llorente.— Tottenham Hotspur (@SpursOfficial) January 30, 2019
Latest odds from @WilliamHill https://t.co/drWolr1izv pic.twitter.com/OCa5xuje9W
Team news is in!— Watford Football Club (@WatfordFC) January 30, 2019
3⃣ changes from our last @premierleague line-up v Burnley.
➡ Janmaat, Cathcart, Hughes
⬅ Femenía, Kabasele, Sema#TOTWAT pic.twitter.com/JMOnIVCRQ4
How to Watch
Date/time: Wednesday, January 30, 2019 | 3 p.m. (ET), 8 p.m. (UK)
Venue: Wembley Stadium, London, UK
TV: not televised (USA), not televised (UK), Sportsnet One (Canada), Optus/SBS (Australia), other listings at livesoccertv.com
Streaming: NBC Sports Gold (USA)
Radio: Audio streamed at tottenhamhotspur.com. UK - check local listings
Match thread rules:
- The match thread rules are the same as always. To any visitors coming here for the first time, welcome! We’re glad you’re here! Wipe your feet, mind the gap, and be sure to check out the other pages at this outstanding site. While you’re here, though, we have a few rules and regulations.
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They’re bad and they get us in trouble. Violators will be warned or banned.
- We have rules against “relentless negativity.” Nobody likes a Negative Nancy. Don’t knee-jerk and post outlandish or hurtful things just because you’re frustrated.
- Along those lines, outright abuse of players or match officials is verboten. It’s fine to say “wow, that’s a bad call, match official,” but it’s NOT okay to direct copious amounts of abuse in the direction of said official over a call you did not like.
- Treat other people in the match thread the way you would want someone else to treat your grandmother. Be nice. Observe Wheaton’s Law. This is a community of fans, not an un-moderated message board.
- NO SPIDERS!!
- Finally, while we don’t have a rule against profanity, please try and keep the naughty words in check. Nobody loves a potty mouth. Also, language that is sexist, racist, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you will be immediately banned. This is an open, supportive community.
- Have fun, and COYS!