Greetings from Prenton Park! Can you feel the magic? The FA Cup is back, and Tottenham are still in it. Spurs are literally just across the River Mersey from Liverpool today, at the home of their League 2 opponents Tranmere Rovers for the FA Cup Third Round.
I’d like to tell you something about Tranmere Rovers. I cannot. I know they are mid-table in League 2, and they’re coming off of consecutive league draws against Macclesfield and Yeovil. I can tell you that they promoted last season after winning the Vanarama National League Play-Offs last spring.
I also can tell you they have a player by the name of Steve McNulty, a 35 year old center back who is their club captain, and looks like your dad. He weighs in at just under 200 lbs. and is an absolute unit. He might break Son Heung-Min.
Here’s a video of him showboating against Wrexham when he was with Luton Town. In awe of the size of this lad.
Anyway, Spurs are there to play in the FA Cup because Piers Morgan drew them out out of a glass bowl a couple of weeks ago. I don’t know who Mauricio Pochettino will start today. Hopefully he will rest a few really good players and give some fringe and/or youth a chance to impress. If Oliver Skipp doesn’t start we riot.
How to Watch
Once again, this cup match is only legally viewable in the USA streamed online via ESPN+.
Date/time: Friday, January 4, 2019 | 2:45 p.m. (ET), 7:45 p.m. (UK)
Venue: Prenton Park, Birkenhead, Merseyside, UK
TV: not televised (USA), BT Sport 2 (UK), Sportsnet World (Canada), not televised (Australia), other listings at livesoccertv.com
Streaming: ESPN+ (USA)
Radio: Audio streamed at tottenhamhotspur.com. UK - check local listings
Match thread rules:
- The match thread rules are the same as always. To any visitors coming here for the first time, welcome! We’re glad you’re here! Wipe your feet, mind the gap, and be sure to check out the other pages at this outstanding site. While you’re here, though, we have a few rules and regulations.
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They’re bad and they get us in trouble. Violators will be warned or banned.
- We have rules against “relentless negativity.” Nobody likes a Negative Nancy. Don’t knee-jerk and post outlandish or hurtful things just because you’re frustrated.
- Along those lines, outright abuse of players or match officials is verboten. It’s fine to say “wow, that’s a bad call, match official,” but it’s NOT okay to direct copious amounts of abuse in the direction of said official over a call you did not like.
- Treat other people in the match thread the way you would want someone else to treat your grandmother. Be nice. Observe Wheaton’s Law. This is a community of fans, not an un-moderated message board.
- NO SPIDERS!!
- Finally, while we don’t have a rule against profanity, please try and keep the naughty words in check. Nobody loves a potty mouth. Also, language that is sexist, racist, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you will be immediately banned. This is an open, supportive community.
- Have fun, and COYS!