Tottenham Hotspur had an easy opponent in the FA Cup third round, demolishing Tranmere Rovers 7-0 in Merseyside. The draw for the fourth round just concluded, and while Spurs avoided the big boys this time around, they won’t benefit from playing another lower-league club. Spurs have drawn a match away at fellow Premier League club Crystal Palace.
There was a bit of drama in the draw as Spurs were technically the last team to be drawn from the bowl. The final four teams were Spurs, Palace, Manchester United, and Arsenal, and Tottenham fans should be relatively pleased with the result. Palace are... fine, and can certainly be troublesome on their day, but this is most certainly a winnable match, even with a slightly rotated starting XI.
The fourth round fixture calendar hasn’t yet been finalized but the match will take place sometime between January 25 and 28.
Here’s the full FA Cup fourth round draw:
- Swansea City v Gillingham
- AFC Wimbledon v West Ham
- Shrewsbury or Stoke v Wolverhampton Wanderers
- Millwall v Everton
- Brighton & Hove Albion v West Bromwich Albion
- Bristol City v Bolton Wanderers
- Accrington Stanley v Derby County or Southampton
- Doncaster Rovers v Oldham Athletic
- Chelsea v Sheffield Wednesday or Luton Town
- Newcastle United or Blackburn Rovers v Watford
- Middlesbrough v Newport County
- Manchester City v Burnley
- Barnet v Brentford
- Portsmouth v QPR
- Arsenal v Manchester United
- Crystal Palace v Tottenham Hotspur