The last time Tottenham played Chelsea, the result was pretty good. Spurs rolled to a 3-1 Premier League win over the Blues behind goals from Dele Alli, Harry Kane, and Son Heung-Min. Now they host them again, in the semi-final of the Carabao Cup.
This is a two-legged final which is kind of stupid if you ask me, but whatever. Spurs haven’t had the best of luck in cup semifinals in recent years, but they can get off to a good start with a solid win today, or risk having to get a win at Stamford Bridge on January 22.
We know that Paulo Gazzaniga will start in goal for Tottenham today. We expect that Son Heung-Min will also play, as this is his last match before he leaves to play for South Korea in the Asian Cup. My guess is that now that they’ve rested a bunch of their starters after the FA Cup that Mauricio Pochettinio will put out a strong side to face Maurizio Sarri and the Blues.
Let’s kick that cup semifinal hoo-doo right in the butt and get a big win at Wembley today!
#THFC: Gazzaniga, Trippier, Alderweireld, Sanchez, Rose, Winks, Sissoko, Eriksen, Dele, Son, Kane (C).— Tottenham Hotspur (@SpursOfficial) January 8, 2019
Latest @WilliamHill odds - https://t.co/6E2h07OwBh (18+) #COYS pic.twitter.com/z3XfL4ZQKs
Tonight's team to play Tottenham...#TOTCHE pic.twitter.com/ELtyi1Zgfq— Chelsea FC (@ChelseaFC) January 8, 2019
How to Watch
Once again, this cup match is only legally viewable in the USA streamed online via ESPN+.
Date/time: Tuesday, January 8, 2019 | 3 p.m. (ET), 8 p.m. (UK)
Venue: Wembley Stadium, London, UK
TV: not televised (USA), Sky Sports Football/MainEvent (UK), DAZN (Canada), Kayo Sports/beIN Sports 2 (Australia), other listings at livesoccertv.com
Streaming: ESPN+ (USA)
Radio: Audio streamed at tottenhamhotspur.com. UK - check local listings
Match thread rules:
- The match thread rules are the same as always. To any visitors coming here for the first time, welcome! We’re glad you’re here! Wipe your feet, mind the gap, and be sure to check out the other pages at this outstanding site. While you’re here, though, we have a few rules and regulations.
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They’re bad and they get us in trouble. Violators will be warned or banned.
- We have rules against “relentless negativity.” Nobody likes a Negative Nancy. Don’t knee-jerk and post outlandish or hurtful things just because you’re frustrated.
- Along those lines, outright abuse of players or match officials is verboten. It’s fine to say “wow, that’s a bad call, match official,” but it’s NOT okay to direct copious amounts of abuse in the direction of said official over a call you did not like.
- Treat other people in the match thread the way you would want someone else to treat your grandmother. Be nice. Observe Wheaton’s Law. This is a community of fans, not an un-moderated message board.
- NO SPIDERS!!
- Finally, while we don’t have a rule against profanity, please try and keep the naughty words in check. Nobody loves a potty mouth. Also, language that is sexist, racist, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you will be immediately banned. This is an open, supportive community.
- Have fun, and COYS!