The season of horrors continued for Tottenham Hotspur on Saturday, as the home side was only able to earn one point against lowly, last-place Watford. Rumors are only intensifying about unrest amongst the club, and the on-field performances have been anywhere from mediocre to terrible during the 2019-2020 campaign. It may still be October, but the time to turn things around is rapidly fading away.
Spurs welcome Red Star Belgrade to North London on Tuesday as the Champions League group stages reconvene. Despite giving away a two-goal lead to Olympiacos in Greece and getting thoroughly embarrassed at the hands of Bayern Munich at home, Tottenham still has a solid shot at advancing to the Round of 16.
Red Star helped out the cause by taking down Olympiacos last time out, and though the Serbian club currently sits in second place in Group B, a pair of Tottenham wins over the next two matchdays would put it in great shape to move on, especially if Bayern Munich takes care of Olympiacos.
Of course, there are a lot of hypotheticals in there, starting with a Spurs side that has struggled against basically everyone this year, including less-heralded opponents. Even though the product on the pitch has been troublesome, the possibility for European success is still well within reach. Anything less than three points tonight, though, and that hope could quickly slip away.
How to Watch
Date: Tuesday, October 22, 2019
Time: 3:00 p.m. ET, 8:00 p.m. BST
Location: Tottenham Hotspur Stadium, London, England
TV: Not televised (USA), BT Sport 3 (UK)
Streaming: BR Live (USA), BT Sport Live (UK), fubo.tv (free trial)
Cartilage Free Captain has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence editorial content, though Cartilage Free Captain may earn commissions for products purchased via affiliate links.
Match thread rules
The match thread rules are the same as always. To any visitors coming here for the first time, welcome! We’re glad you’re here! Wipe your feet, mind the gap, and be sure to check out the other pages at this outstanding site. While you’re here, though, we have a few rules and regulations:
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They’re bad and they get us in trouble. Violators will be warned or banned.
- We have rules against “relentless negativity.” Nobody likes a Negative Nancy. Don’t knee-jerk and post outlandish or hurtful things just because you’re frustrated.
- Along those lines, outright abuse of players or match officials is also not allowed. It’s fine to say “wow, that was a really bad call,” but it’s NOT okay to direct copious amounts of abuse in the direction of said official over a call you did not like.
- Treat other people in the match thread the way you would want someone else to treat your grandmother. Be nice. Observe Wheaton’s Law. This is a community of fans, not an un-moderated message board.
- NO SPIDERS!!
- Finally, while we don’t have a rule against profanity, please try and keep the naughty words in check. Also, language that is sexist, racist, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you will be immediately banned. This is an open, supportive community.
Have fun, and COYS!