No doubt about it, this is one of the toughest fixtures of the season. Liverpool are riding their Champions League title last season straight into the start of the new year, going unbeaten in their first nine matches in the Premier League and looking like one of the toughest teams in the world.
Tottenham Hotspur have begun the season on the opposite leg and are clear underdogs going into a tough road contest on Sunday. However, Spurs played their most complete match of the season this past Tuesday against Red Star, earning a vital three points in their European campaign.
Whether or not that momentum carries into the weekend is the big question; Tottenham has yet to produce solid consecutive performances this season. But with players getting healthy and Mauricio Pochettino perhaps willing to return to the familiar 4-2-3-1, there is reason to believe that the squad is ready to turn the page.
Spurs do not absolutely need this win, but putting together another good outing is important for moral. The fixture list is kind — Tottenham will not face another big six club during the month of November — so stealing a point (or three) at Anfield could propel the team out of its early-season funk.
How to Watch
Match thread rules
The match thread rules are the same as always. To any visitors coming here for the first time, welcome! We’re glad you’re here! Wipe your feet, mind the gap, and be sure to check out the other pages at this outstanding site. While you’re here, though, we have a few rules and regulations:
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They’re bad and they get us in trouble. Violators will be warned or banned.
- We have rules against “relentless negativity.” Nobody likes a Negative Nancy. Don’t knee-jerk and post outlandish or hurtful things just because you’re frustrated.
- Along those lines, outright abuse of players or match officials is also not allowed. It’s fine to say “wow, that was a really bad call,” but it’s NOT okay to direct copious amounts of abuse in the direction of said official over a call you did not like.
- Treat other people in the match thread the way you would want someone else to treat your grandmother. Be nice. Observe Wheaton’s Law. This is a community of fans, not an un-moderated message board.
- NO SPIDERS!!
- Finally, while we don’t have a rule against profanity, please try and keep the naughty words in check. Also, language that is sexist, racist, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you will be immediately banned. This is an open, supportive community.
Have fun, and COYS!