To say this is a huge game for Tottenham Hotspur Women is understating it. Spurs are hosting Arsenal in the first ever North London Derby in the WSL, and it’s being held at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium. The crowd is expected to be close to a sell-out crowd, and with Arsenal only having 3000 tickets allocated to them, it’s going to be riotously pro-Spurs today.
But that won’t make it easy. Arsenal are not only one of the best clubs in England, they’re one of the best in Europe, chock full of top international talent. The last two times Spurs played Arsenal, they were outscored a total of 16-0.
But this is a different Tottenham team — new players, improved, and riding a wave of confidence after starting brightly in their inaugural top flight campaign. Asking Spurs for a win would be a very tall order, but if they can catch some lightning in a bottle behind the robust support from their home fans... well, who knows what can happen!
How to Watch
Date: Sunday, November 17, 2019
Time: 10:00 a.m. ET, 3:00 p.m. BT
Location: Tottenham Hotspur Stadium, London, England
TV: BT Sport (UK), not televised (USA)
Streaming: The FA Player (free - registration required)
Match thread rules
The match thread rules are the same as always. To any visitors coming here for the first time, welcome! We’re glad you’re here! Wipe your feet, mind the gap, and be sure to check out the other pages at this outstanding site. While you’re here, though, we have a few rules and regulations:
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They’re bad and they get us in trouble. Violators will be warned or banned.
- We have rules against “relentless negativity.” Nobody likes a Negative Nancy. Don’t knee-jerk and post outlandish or hurtful things just because you’re frustrated.
- Along those lines, outright abuse of players or match officials is also not allowed. It’s fine to say “wow, that was a really bad call,” but it’s NOT okay to direct copious amounts of abuse in the direction of said official over a call you did not like.
- Treat other people in the match thread the way you would want someone else to treat your grandmother. Be nice. Observe Wheaton’s Law. This is a community of fans, not an un-moderated message board.
- NO SPIDERS!!
- Finally, while we don’t have a rule against profanity, please try and keep the naughty words in check. Also, language that is sexist, racist, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you will be immediately banned. This is an open, supportive community.
Have fun, and COYS!