Hope everyone enjoyed their quiet, relaxing international break!
Tottenham Hotspur Football Club enters a new era on Saturday, bringing in Jose Mourinho to replace Mauricio Pochettino. No one knows exactly what to expect out of the Special One, but given how this season (and all of 2019, at least domestically) has gone for Spurs, some sort of change was definitely needed.
Mourinho is not known for the most exciting brand of football, favoring disciplined defense and counter-attacking instead of blitzing and pressing, but odds are there will not be too many drastic changes during his first match at the helm. The squad is mostly healthy, so the new manager will have plenty of options across the pitch.
Perennial pain West Ham United is the home side, and the Hammers are somehow even lower than Tottenham in the Premier League table. Finishing in the top four seems like a long shot at this point, but if Mourinho wants to make a charge back up the table, matches like these must result in three points.
This has been an extremely strange calendar year for Spurs, seeing their best European finish in forever and sacking one of their most impactful managers just six months later. Saturday represents the dawn of a new chapter; almost anything can lie in store.
Jose has named his first starting XI!— Tottenham Hotspur (@SpursOfficial) November 23, 2019
Gazzaniga, Aurier, Alderweireld, Sanchez, Davies, Dier, Winks, Dele, Lucas, Son, Kane (C)@WilliamHill latest (18+) https://t.co/G6noqUvxNN #THFC ⚪️ #COYS pic.twitter.com/o1QMVQ0wK7
Our team to take on Spurs ⚒ pic.twitter.com/YHOoVg9VI1— West Ham United (@WestHam) November 23, 2019
How to Watch
Match thread rules
The match thread rules are the same as always. To any visitors coming here for the first time, welcome! We’re glad you’re here! Wipe your feet, mind the gap, and be sure to check out the other pages at this outstanding site. While you’re here, though, we have a few rules and regulations:
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They’re bad and they get us in trouble. Violators will be warned or banned.
- We have rules against “relentless negativity.” Nobody likes a Negative Nancy. Don’t knee-jerk and post outlandish or hurtful things just because you’re frustrated.
- Along those lines, outright abuse of players or match officials is also not allowed. It’s fine to say “wow, that was a really bad call,” but it’s NOT okay to direct copious amounts of abuse in the direction of said official over a call you did not like.
- Treat other people in the match thread the way you would want someone else to treat your grandmother. Be nice. Observe Wheaton’s Law. This is a community of fans, not an un-moderated message board.
- NO SPIDERS!!
- Finally, while we don’t have a rule against profanity, please try and keep the naughty words in check. Also, language that is sexist, racist, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you will be immediately banned. This is an open, supportive community.
Have fun, and COYS!