It is Matchday 4 in the Champions League Group Stage, and Tottenham Hotspur are in position to set itself up well in the competition despite a couple of tough early results. If Spurs can earn three points on Wednesday, and Bayern Munich takes care of Olympiacos in Germany as expected, they could find themselves four points clear of third place with two matches remaining.
First things first, though. While Spurs are much better than Red Star on paper, away matches have been a challenge this whole calendar year. A trip to Belgrade is not exactly the most appealing option for a team that struggles away from home, and just last year Liverpool fell 2-0 in this stadium during the Group Stage.
Tottenham are coming off yet another disappointing result, surrendering a lead to Everton to earn just a point. Of course, that match is a bit of an anomaly with a horrific injury followed by a questionable red card leading to 10-men Spurs conceding a late goal, but nevertheless there is no positive momentum going into Wednesday.
Two weeks ago, Spurs absolutely annihilated Red Star 5-0 in London. The match was never competitive, with the home side scoring early and often and the defense effectively pressing. The outcome is unlikely to be this lopsided with the venue flopped, but this is a must-win match that is certainly achievable for Tottenham.
How to Watch
Date: Wednesday, November 6, 2019
Time: 3:00 p.m. EST, 8:00 p.m. GMT
Location: Rajko Mitic Stadium, Belgrade, Serbia
TV: Not televised (USA), BT Sport 2 (UK)
Streaming: BR Live (USA), BT Sport Live (UK), fubo.tv (free trial)
Cartilage Free Captain has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence editorial content, though Cartilage Free Captain may earn commissions for products purchased via affiliate links.
Match thread rules
The match thread rules are the same as always. To any visitors coming here for the first time, welcome! We’re glad you’re here! Wipe your feet, mind the gap, and be sure to check out the other pages at this outstanding site. While you’re here, though, we have a few rules and regulations:
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They’re bad and they get us in trouble. Violators will be warned or banned.
- We have rules against “relentless negativity.” Nobody likes a Negative Nancy. Don’t knee-jerk and post outlandish or hurtful things just because you’re frustrated.
- Along those lines, outright abuse of players or match officials is also not allowed. It’s fine to say “wow, that was a really bad call,” but it’s NOT okay to direct copious amounts of abuse in the direction of said official over a call you did not like.
- Treat other people in the match thread the way you would want someone else to treat your grandmother. Be nice. Observe Wheaton’s Law. This is a community of fans, not an un-moderated message board.
- NO SPIDERS!!
- Finally, while we don’t have a rule against profanity, please try and keep the naughty words in check. Also, language that is sexist, racist, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you will be immediately banned. This is an open, supportive community.
Have fun, and COYS!