While the 2019-20 season has not started out great for Tottenham Hotspur, newcomer Sheffield United seems to be enjoying the Premier League. The Blades are back in the top tier for the first time in over a decade and have raced out to a sixth-place start, three points ahead of Spurs, and are unbeaten since the end of September.
Sheffield United has faced three of the big six already with mixed results. An early draw away to Chelsea has been followed by a narrow loss to Liverpool and a home win against Arsenal, showing that the promoted side is neither intimidated by nor ill equipped to face any side in the league. This is not an encouraging sign for Tottenham.
Spurs, however, are coming off another strong Champions League outing, dispatching Red Star away in Serbia and putting themselves in good position to advance to the Round of 16. The quality outings have been few and far between this season, but there have been signs of life for Tottenham, especially with a side that is finally getting fit.
Some rotation should be expected, which supporters will not take well. With an international break coming up and the gap between Spurs and fourth place sitting at 10 points, this is a match that needs to be won. As was shown last time out, nothing comes easily in the Premier League this season, but the margin for error keeps shrinking and shrinking.
How to Watch
Match thread rules
The match thread rules are the same as always. To any visitors coming here for the first time, welcome! We’re glad you’re here! Wipe your feet, mind the gap, and be sure to check out the other pages at this outstanding site. While you’re here, though, we have a few rules and regulations:
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They’re bad and they get us in trouble. Violators will be warned or banned.
- We have rules against “relentless negativity.” Nobody likes a Negative Nancy. Don’t knee-jerk and post outlandish or hurtful things just because you’re frustrated.
- Along those lines, outright abuse of players or match officials is also not allowed. It’s fine to say “wow, that was a really bad call,” but it’s NOT okay to direct copious amounts of abuse in the direction of said official over a call you did not like.
- Treat other people in the match thread the way you would want someone else to treat your grandmother. Be nice. Observe Wheaton’s Law. This is a community of fans, not an un-moderated message board.
- NO SPIDERS!!
- Finally, while we don’t have a rule against profanity, please try and keep the naughty words in check. Also, language that is sexist, racist, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you will be immediately banned. This is an open, supportive community.
Have fun, and COYS!