It’s been a good season thus far for Tottenham Hotspur Women! They’ve beaten the clubs they were hoping to be competitive with (Liverpool, Bristol City, West Ham) and hung with some of the best in the league (Chelsea, Arsenal). After a mid-week draw against Birmingham City, Spurs return to the Hive to face Brighton & Hove Albion, a team four points behind them and two places lower in the table.
Karen Hills & Juan Amoros will be hoping to get as many points as possible against their “peers” in the table, because the big matches won’t get any easier from here on out. Spurs look safe from relegation right now, but we’re not even halfway through the season and a lot can happen. Time to go to work.
Today's team to take on @OfficialBHAFC... #THWFC: Spencer, Green (C), Filbey, Davison, Peplow, Dean, Worm, Graham, Godfrey, Furness, Neville. #SpurHerOn ⚪️ #COYS pic.twitter.com/QIwYnsytiG— Tottenham Hotspur Women (@SpursWomen) December 8, 2019
We're in @BarclaysFAWSL action against @SpursWomen this afternoon - here's how we line up.— Brighton & Hove Albion ⚽️ (@OfficialBHAFC) December 8, 2019
Matchday Live is presented by @SnickersUKcom.#BHAFC ⚫️ pic.twitter.com/nWdXf6GhbF
How to Watch
Date: Sunday, December 8, 2019
Time: 9:00 a.m. ET, 2:00 p.m. BST
Location: The Hive, Edgware, UK
TV: not televised
Streaming: The FA Player
All WSL matches this season will be broadcast on The FA Player, a streaming service run by the FA. It is free and is not geo-restricted, but registration is required.
Match thread rules:
The match thread rules are the same as always. To any visitors coming here for the first time, welcome! We’re glad you’re here! Wipe your feet, mind the gap, and be sure to check out the other pages at this outstanding site. While you’re here, though, we have a few rules and regulations.
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They’re bad and they get us in trouble. Violators will be warned or banned.
- We have rules against “relentless negativity.” Nobody likes a Negative Nancy. Don’t knee-jerk and post outlandish or hurtful things just because you’re frustrated.
- Along those lines, outright abuse of players or match officials is also not allowed. It’s fine to say “wow, that was a really bad call,” but it’s NOT okay to direct copious amounts of abuse in the direction of said official over a call you did not like.
- Treat other people in the match thread the way you would want someone else to treat your grandmother. Be nice. Observe Wheaton’s Law. This is a community of fans, not an un-moderated message board.
- NO SPIDERS!!
- Finally, while we don’t have a rule against profanity, please try and keep the naughty words in check. Also, language that is sexist, racist, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you will be immediately banned. This is an open, supportive community.
Have fun, and COYS!