This is it. This is where the rubber really meets the road. Tottenham Hotspur completed their improbable Great Escape from the group stages of the Champions League, and drew a particularly tough opponent: Borussia Dortmund. Dortmund are currently atop the Bundesliga table, five points ahead of Bayern Munich. Under manager Lucien Favre, they are scoring at will, and look every bit like a dominant German team.
But they are also injured. Their top two scorers — Marco Reus and Paco Alcacer — are both out injured, as are two of their defenders, leaving them with a defense of barely fit and/or out of position players. Tottenham are also without two of their best players in Harry Kane and Dele Alli, but they have the home pitch advantage and a Premier League winning streak at their backs, so they are full of confidence.
This is a two-legged series, so Spurs need to come out and put together a solid, dominant win today if they want to escape to the next round. A draw or narrow win with a Dortmund goal could spell trouble in a few weeks when they travel to the Signal Iduna.
How to Watch
Time/Date: Wednesday, February 13, 2019 | 3 p.m. ET, 8 p.m. BST
Location: Wembley Stadium, London, UK
Match Official: Antonio Miguel Mateu Lahoz (ESP)
Match thread rules:
- The match thread rules are the same as always. To any visitors coming here for the first time, welcome! We’re glad you’re here! Wipe your feet, mind the gap, and be sure to check out the other pages at this outstanding site. While you’re here, though, we have a few rules and regulations.
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They’re bad and they get us in trouble. Violators will be warned or banned.
- We have rules against “relentless negativity.” Nobody likes a Negative Nancy. Don’t knee-jerk and post outlandish or hurtful things just because you’re frustrated.
- Along those lines, outright abuse of players or match officials is verboten. It’s fine to say “wow, that’s a bad call, match official,” but it’s NOT okay to direct copious amounts of abuse in the direction of said official over a call you did not like.
- Treat other people in the match thread the way you would want someone else to treat your grandmother. Be nice. Observe Wheaton’s Law. This is a community of fans, not an un-moderated message board.
- NO SPIDERS!!
- Finally, while we don’t have a rule against profanity, please try and keep the naughty words in check. Nobody loves a potty mouth. Also, language that is sexist, racist, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you will be immediately banned. This is an open, supportive community.
- Have fun, and COYS!