The last time Tottenham Hotspur played Newcastle, it was the opening match of the season. There were three goals in a frantic opening 20 minutes, one from Jan Vertonghen, and one from Dele Alli who then proceeded to invent the Dele Cele which entertained and confused everyone for a week until everyone forgot about it.
This time, the match is at Wembley Stadium, but Spurs are without Dele and Kane. Newcastle is also coming off of a huge win over Manchester City, and are hoping that momentum will earn them another big win today. Spurs haven’t been GREAT without Kane and Dele, but they’ve been good enough to eke out two last-ditch wins over mediocre opponent. Can they make it three?
How to Watch
Date/time: Saturday, February 2, 2019 | 7:30 a.m. (ET), 12:30 p.m. (UK)
Venue: Wembley Stadium, London, UK
TV: NBC Sports Network (USA), Sky Sports Premier League/Main Event (UK), TSN2/RDS (Canada), Optus/SBS (Australia), other listings at livesoccertv.com
Streaming: NBC Sports Live (USA), fubo (free trial)
Radio: Audio streamed at tottenhamhotspur.com. UK - check local listings
Match thread rules:
- The match thread rules are the same as always. To any visitors coming here for the first time, welcome! We’re glad you’re here! Wipe your feet, mind the gap, and be sure to check out the other pages at this outstanding site. While you’re here, though, we have a few rules and regulations.
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They’re bad and they get us in trouble. Violators will be warned or banned.
- We have rules against “relentless negativity.” Nobody likes a Negative Nancy. Don’t knee-jerk and post outlandish or hurtful things just because you’re frustrated.
- Along those lines, outright abuse of players or match officials is verboten. It’s fine to say “wow, that’s a bad call, match official,” but it’s NOT okay to direct copious amounts of abuse in the direction of said official over a call you did not like.
- Treat other people in the match thread the way you would want someone else to treat your grandmother. Be nice. Observe Wheaton’s Law. This is a community of fans, not an un-moderated message board.
- NO SPIDERS!!
- Finally, while we don’t have a rule against profanity, please try and keep the naughty words in check. Nobody loves a potty mouth. Also, language that is sexist, racist, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you will be immediately banned. This is an open, supportive community.
- Have fun, and COYS!