Tottenham Hotspur continue a brutal stretch of matches that began with a loss at Burnley four days ago. Today, the journey doesn’t get any less difficult as they travel to Stamford Bridge to play Chelsea in the Premier League.
Spurs beat the Blues 3-1 here last season — their first win at Stamford Bridge in the Premier League era. This season Spurs have won two of the three meetings against Chelsea — a 3-1 win at Wembley Stadium, and a 1-0 win in the first leg of the League Cup. Spurs have had the better season, but we’re in crunch time now, and while Spurs were being talked about as title contenders as recently as four days ago, a few bad results could potentially threaten their stranglehold on third place.
Harry Kane is back, but Spurs will need to put together a very good match of football to come away with the three points today.
How to Watch
Date/time: Wednesday, February 27, 2019 | 3 p.m. (ET), 8 p.m. (UK)
Venue: Stamford Bridge, London, UK
TV: NBCSN (USA), BT Sport 1 (UK), TSN2 / RDS 1 (Canada), Optus / SBS (Australia), other listings at livesoccertv.com
Streaming: NBCSN (USA), fubo (free trial)
Radio: Audio streamed at tottenhamhotspur.com. UK - check local listings
Match thread rules:
- The match thread rules are the same as always. To any visitors coming here for the first time, welcome! We’re glad you’re here! Wipe your feet, mind the gap, and be sure to check out the other pages at this outstanding site. While you’re here, though, we have a few rules and regulations.
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They’re bad and they get us in trouble. Violators will be warned or banned.
- We have rules against “relentless negativity.” Nobody likes a Negative Nancy. Don’t knee-jerk and post outlandish or hurtful things just because you’re frustrated.
- Along those lines, outright abuse of players or match officials is verboten. It’s fine to say “wow, that’s a bad call, match official,” but it’s NOT okay to direct copious amounts of abuse in the direction of said official over a call you did not like.
- Treat other people in the match thread the way you would want someone else to treat your grandmother. Be nice. Observe Wheaton’s Law. This is a community of fans, not an un-moderated message board.
- NO SPIDERS!!
- Finally, while we don’t have a rule against profanity, please try and keep the naughty words in check. Nobody loves a potty mouth. Also, language that is sexist, racist, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you will be immediately banned. This is an open, supportive community.
- Have fun, and COYS!