Get the Maalox ready. Tottenham Hotspur are in Liverpool to take on the Reds. Spurs have taken only one point from their last 12, are in the thick of the top four race, and now must try and do something that no team has done yet this season: beat Liverpool at Anfield.
And they’ll need to do it without Eric Dier, Harry Winks, and Serge Aurier, all of whom are injured. That’s a scary prospect when they’re going up against a formidable Liverpool midfield and an even scarier attacking front three of Mohamed Salah, Sadio Mane, and Roberto Firmino.
We don’t know how Pochettino will set up Spurs, but we know that they have the offensive talent to hang with any team in the league — DESK will almost certainly start, and they will need all of Dele Alli, Christian Eriksen, Son Heung-Min, and Harry Kane to be in top form if they want to get a result today.
A loss isn’t catastrophic, but it means Spurs will have very little room for error from here on out. So, y’know, maybe let’s win this one.
#THFC: Lloris (C), Trippier, Alderweireld, Sanchez, Vertonghen, Rose, Sissoko, Eriksen, Dele, Lucas, Kane.— Tottenham Hotspur (@SpursOfficial) March 31, 2019
Latest odds from @WilliamHill (18+) https://t.co/wG3waV6lhh#PL ⚪️ #COYS pic.twitter.com/0DEqTAq9F7
How to Watch
Date/time: Sunday, March 31, 2019 | 11:30 a.m. (ET), 4:30 p.m. (UK)
Venue: Anfield, Liverpool, UK
TV: NBCSN (USA), Sky Sports (UK), Sportsnet World (Canada), Optus (Australia), other listings at livesoccertv.com
Streaming: NBCSN (USA), fubo (free trial)
Radio: Audio streamed at tottenhamhotspur.com. UK - check local listings
Match thread rules:
- The match thread rules are the same as always. To any visitors coming here for the first time, welcome! We’re glad you’re here! Wipe your feet, mind the gap, and be sure to check out the other pages at this outstanding site. While you’re here, though, we have a few rules and regulations.
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They’re bad and they get us in trouble. Violators will be warned or banned.
- We have rules against “relentless negativity.” Nobody likes a Negative Nancy. Don’t knee-jerk and post outlandish or hurtful things just because you’re frustrated.
- Along those lines, outright abuse of players or match officials is verboten. It’s fine to say “wow, that’s a bad call, match official,” but it’s NOT okay to direct copious amounts of abuse in the direction of said official over a call you did not like.
- Treat other people in the match thread the way you would want someone else to treat your grandmother. Be nice. Observe Wheaton’s Law. This is a community of fans, not an un-moderated message board.
- NO SPIDERS!!
- Finally, while we don’t have a rule against profanity, please try and keep the naughty words in check. Nobody loves a potty mouth. Also, language that is sexist, racist, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you will be immediately banned. This is an open, supportive community.
- Have fun, and COYS!