Remember last week when everything was terrible? Well, then Tottenham Hotspur beat Dortmund to advance to the Champions League quarterfinals, Dele Alli returned to training (and, one hopes, the starting lineup), and the new stadium has an opening date... almost! There’s optimism around Spurs again, and it feels pretty damn good!
Now, let’s see if we can capitalize on it. Spurs are at St. Mary’s Stadium to play Southampton, a team that is still fighting for survival in the Premier League but who are playing much better football under new manager Ralph Hasenhuttl. Away games are never easy, but Spurs have more away wins than any team in the league. And with Chelsea and Arsenal breathing down their necks for the top four, they need all the points they can get.
Dele Alli is back, and he could start. Might this be the first time we’ve seen DESK in action since January?
#THFC: Lloris (C), Walker-Peters, Sanchez, Vertonghen, Rose, Dier, Sissoko, Eriksen, Dele, Lucas, Kane.@WilliamHill odds (18+) - https://t.co/4zfUBzpZNO #COYS ⚪️ #PL pic.twitter.com/JWRlUkROP5— Tottenham Hotspur (@SpursOfficial) March 9, 2019
The team news is in!— Southampton FC (@SouthamptonFC) March 9, 2019
Here's how #SaintsFC line-up to face #THFC in the #PL this afternoon at St Mary's: pic.twitter.com/O6OFDmbhhG
How to Watch
Date/time: Saturday, March 9, 2019 | 10 a.m. (ET), 3 p.m. (UK)
Venue: St. Mary’s Stadium, Southampton, UK
TV: NBCSN (USA), not televised (UK), Sportsnet East/West/Pacific/Ontario (Canada), Optus (Australia), other listings at livesoccertv.com
Streaming: NBCSN (USA), fubo (free trial)
Radio: Audio streamed at tottenhamhotspur.com. UK - check local listings
Match thread rules:
- The match thread rules are the same as always. To any visitors coming here for the first time, welcome! We’re glad you’re here! Wipe your feet, mind the gap, and be sure to check out the other pages at this outstanding site. While you’re here, though, we have a few rules and regulations.
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They’re bad and they get us in trouble. Violators will be warned or banned.
- We have rules against “relentless negativity.” Nobody likes a Negative Nancy. Don’t knee-jerk and post outlandish or hurtful things just because you’re frustrated.
- Along those lines, outright abuse of players or match officials is verboten. It’s fine to say “wow, that’s a bad call, match official,” but it’s NOT okay to direct copious amounts of abuse in the direction of said official over a call you did not like.
- Treat other people in the match thread the way you would want someone else to treat your grandmother. Be nice. Observe Wheaton’s Law. This is a community of fans, not an un-moderated message board.
- NO SPIDERS!!
- Finally, while we don’t have a rule against profanity, please try and keep the naughty words in check. Nobody loves a potty mouth. Also, language that is sexist, racist, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you will be immediately banned. This is an open, supportive community.
- Have fun, and COYS!