We’re, essentially, about to kick off the second half of Tottenham Hotspur and Manchester City’s two-legged Champions League quarterfinal. Spurs are taking a very slim 1-0 lead from the first match at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium into today’s second leg at the Etihad. And they’ll try and protect that lead in one of the toughest places to play in England, without Harry Kane.
Sounds difficult, right? It is. But as we have seen already in this round with Ajax defeating Juventus at the Allianz to book their ticket to the semifinals, things HAPPEN in the Champions League. Make no mistake — Spurs are the underdogs here. It’s unlikely Pep Guardiola leaves Kevin de Bruyne and Leroy Sane on the bench this time like he did in London. Tottenham will need to defend for their lives and try and hit quickly on the counterattack. But if Spurs can nick a single goal, it means City needs to score three to advance. That’s doable. And maybe, just maybe, Spurs can do enough to move to their first ever Champions League semifinals. Wouldn’t that be something?
Here’s your City line-up for tonight!— Manchester City (@ManCity) April 17, 2019
XI | Ederson, Walker, Kompany (C), Laporte, Mendy, Gundogan, Silva, De Bruyne, Bernardo, Sterling, Aguero
Subs | Muric, Stones, Sane, Fernandinho, Mahrez, Otamendi, Jesus
#cityvthfc #mancity pic.twitter.com/VuMz9c87jh
How to Watch
Time/Date: Wednesday, April 17, 2019 | 3 p.m. ET, 8 p.m. BST
ELocation: Location: Etihad Stadium, Manchester, United Kingdom
Match Official: Cüneyt Çakır (TUR)
TV: BT Sport 2 (United Kingdom), TNT (USA-English), Galavision (USA-Spanish), Optus (Australia), other countries at www.livesoccertv.com
Match thread rules:
- The match thread rules are the same as always. To any visitors coming here for the first time, welcome! We’re glad you’re here! Wipe your feet, mind the gap, and be sure to check out the other pages at this outstanding site. While you’re here, though, we have a few rules and regulations.
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They’re bad and they get us in trouble. Violators will be warned or banned.
- We have rules against “relentless negativity.” Nobody likes a Negative Nancy. Don’t knee-jerk and post outlandish or hurtful things just because you’re frustrated.
- Along those lines, outright abuse of players or match officials is verboten. It’s fine to say “wow, that’s a bad call, match official,” but it’s NOT okay to direct copious amounts of abuse in the direction of said official over a call you did not like.
- Treat other people in the match thread the way you would want someone else to treat your grandmother. Be nice. Observe Wheaton’s Law. This is a community of fans, not an un-moderated message board.
- NO SPIDERS!!
- Finally, while we don’t have a rule against profanity, please try and keep the naughty words in check. Nobody loves a potty mouth. Also, language that is sexist, racist, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you will be immediately banned. This is an open, supportive community.
- Have fun, and COYS!