The long awaited day is finally here.
Tottenham Hotspur Stadium officially opens for business for the senior squad in a mid-week clash against Crystal Palace. It’s only appropriate that a London derby starts off the new era of Tottenham Hotspur.
Spurs currently sit fourth in the table, two points behind Arsenal for third and level with Manchester United. Chelsea are in sixth, just a single point behind. With seven matches to play, every point is crucial from here on out to maintain Champions League status. Spurs have taken just one point from fifteen in the last five matches, so tensions are high among everyone involved with the club.
Crystal Palace are in 13th place and comfortably out of the relegation zone, eight points above Cardiff City. The south London club are trying to make a late push to get into the top half of the table and are six points out of a possible Europa position (pending FA cup result) with a little help.
Let’s open the new stadium with a win.
#THFC: Lloris, Trippier, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Davies, Rose, Sissoko, Eriksen, Dele, Son, Kane.— Tottenham Hotspur (@SpursOfficial) April 3, 2019
Latest odds from @WilliamHill https://t.co/2YIuscpu4g#SpursAreHome ⚪️ #COYS pic.twitter.com/Alm9B4i7QZ
How to Watch
Date/time: Wednesday, April 3 | 2:45 PM ET (US) | 7:45 PM (UK)
Venue: Tottenham Hotspur Stadium, London, England
TV: NBCSN (USA), TSN5 (Canada), Optus (Australia), other listings at livesoccertv.com
Streaming: NBCSN (USA), fubo (free trial)
Radio: Audio streamed at tottenhamhotspur.com. UK - check local listings
Match thread rules:
- The match thread rules are the same as always. To any visitors coming here for the first time, welcome! We’re glad you’re here! Wipe your feet, mind the gap, and be sure to check out the other pages at this outstanding site. While you’re here, though, we have a few rules and regulations.
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They’re bad and they get us in trouble. Violators will be warned or banned.
- We have rules against “relentless negativity.” Nobody likes a Negative Nancy. Don’t knee-jerk and post outlandish or hurtful things just because you’re frustrated.
- Along those lines, outright abuse of players or match officials is verboten. It’s fine to say “wow, that’s a bad call, match official,” but it’s NOT okay to direct copious amounts of abuse in the direction of said official over a call you did not like.
- Treat other people in the match thread the way you would want someone else to treat your grandmother. Be nice. Observe Wheaton’s Law. This is a community of fans, not an un-moderated message board.
- NO SPIDERS!!
- Finally, while we don’t have a rule against profanity, please try and keep the naughty words in check. Nobody loves a potty mouth. Also, language that is sexist, racist, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you will be immediately banned. This is an open, supportive community.
- Have fun, and COYS!