Here we go. Tottenham Hotspur are playing in their first ever Champions League semifinal match, a first-leg tie against Dutch powerhouse and multiple European champion Ajax. And if you’re not nervous, I don’t know what to tell you.
Ajax are a very good team — they beat Real Madrid and Juventus over two legs to get here — and have some of the best young talent in the world at their disposal. Spurs are a talented team but will be without several key components of their squad — Harry Kane and Harry Winks are injured, and Son Heung-Min will miss this first leg through suspension for yellow card accumulation. As a consequence, Spurs may find it difficult to deal with Ajax’s intense press, and/or find it tough to score.
In many ways, having the home leg be first is good for Spurs — if they can contain Ajax and keep them from scoring an away goal, they can kick the can down the road a bit and hopefully go into the second leg in Amsterdam with a healthier squad. But first they need to get a result here. Any result will do.
#THFC: Lloris (C), Trippier, Sanchez, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Wanyama, Rose, Eriksen, Dele, Lucas, Llorente.@WilliamHill odds (18+) https://t.co/UTGkpi6vxV#UCL ⚪️ #COYS pic.twitter.com/Z5KPWVoYqD— Tottenham Hotspur (@SpursOfficial) April 30, 2019
All names! #UCL #totaja pic.twitter.com/j7LYFrU7NH— AFC Ajax (@AFCAjax) April 30, 2019
How to Watch
Time/Date: Tuesday, April 30, 2019 | 3 p.m. ET, 8 p.m. BST
ELocation: Location: Tottenham Hotspur Stadium, North London, United Kingdom
Match Official: Antonio Miguel Mateu Lahoz (ESP)
TV: BT Sport 2 (United Kingdom), TNT (USA-English), Univision (USA-Spanish), Optus (Australia), other countries at www.livesoccertv.com
Streaming: B/R Live [$], fubo.tv (free trial), WatchTNT (USA-English), BT Sport Live (UK), DAZN (Canada)
Match thread rules:
- The match thread rules are the same as always. To any visitors coming here for the first time, welcome! We’re glad you’re here! Wipe your feet, mind the gap, and be sure to check out the other pages at this outstanding site. While you’re here, though, we have a few rules and regulations.
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They’re bad and they get us in trouble. Violators will be warned or banned.
- We have rules against “relentless negativity.” Nobody likes a Negative Nancy. Don’t knee-jerk and post outlandish or hurtful things just because you’re frustrated.
- Along those lines, outright abuse of players or match officials is verboten. It’s fine to say “wow, that’s a bad call, match official,” but it’s NOT okay to direct copious amounts of abuse in the direction of said official over a call you did not like.
- Treat other people in the match thread the way you would want someone else to treat your grandmother. Be nice. Observe Wheaton’s Law. This is a community of fans, not an un-moderated message board.
- NO SPIDERS!!
- Finally, while we don’t have a rule against profanity, please try and keep the naughty words in check. Nobody loves a potty mouth. Also, language that is sexist, racist, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you will be immediately banned. This is an open, supportive community.
- Have fun, and COYS!