Tottenham Hotspur have returned home, and today is the first big test of their ability to make their house a fortress. Spurs welcome Manchester City for the first of their three matches in ten days — two in the Champions League, one in the Premier League. But this is the only one that will take place at The Tottenham Hotspur Stadium.
Spurs christened their new ground with a 2-0 win over Crystal Palace six days ago. Manchester City promises to be a much, much stiffer test. Spurs are without Eric Dier, Serge Aurier, and Erik Lamela; City are likely to welcome the injured Sergio Aguero back to the team.
When you make the quarterfinals of the Champions League, you know you’re going to play someone good. Spurs’ opponents are familiar, but no less difficult. But Spurs have proven their critics wrong twice before — first by qualifying out of their group, and then by knocking off Dortmund. Who’s to say they can’t defy the odds again?
Here’s how we line-up in the #UCL tonight!— Manchester City (@ManCity) April 9, 2019
City XI | Ederson, Walker, Laporte, Otamendi, Delph, Fernandinho, Gundogan, Silva (C), Mahrez, Sterling, Aguero
Subs | Muric, Kompany, Stones, De Bruyne, Sane, Jesus, Foden
#thfcvcity #mancity pic.twitter.com/mZdL2kI3nR
How to Watch
Time/Date: Tuesday, April 9, 2019 | 3 p.m. ET, 8 p.m. BST
Location: Tottenham Hotspur Stadium, North London, UK
Match Official: Björn Kuipers (NED)
Match thread rules:
- The match thread rules are the same as always. To any visitors coming here for the first time, welcome! We’re glad you’re here! Wipe your feet, mind the gap, and be sure to check out the other pages at this outstanding site. While you’re here, though, we have a few rules and regulations.
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They’re bad and they get us in trouble. Violators will be warned or banned.
- We have rules against “relentless negativity.” Nobody likes a Negative Nancy. Don’t knee-jerk and post outlandish or hurtful things just because you’re frustrated.
- Along those lines, outright abuse of players or match officials is verboten. It’s fine to say “wow, that’s a bad call, match official,” but it’s NOT okay to direct copious amounts of abuse in the direction of said official over a call you did not like.
- Treat other people in the match thread the way you would want someone else to treat your grandmother. Be nice. Observe Wheaton’s Law. This is a community of fans, not an un-moderated message board.
- NO SPIDERS!!
- Finally, while we don’t have a rule against profanity, please try and keep the naughty words in check. Nobody loves a potty mouth. Also, language that is sexist, racist, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you will be immediately banned. This is an open, supportive community.
- Have fun, and COYS!