It’s the last gasp of the 2018-19 Premier League season, and Tottenham Hotspur will celebrate it at home against Everton. This isn’t a dead rubber match because there’s still a bit at stake — Spurs have all but mathematically clinched top four for this season under the following circumstances:
- Lose but Arsenal loses/draws at Burnley
- Lose but Arsenal wins and doesn’t make up Spurs’ +8 GD
There’s also still the possibility of finishing in 3rd, if Spurs win or draw and Chelsea draws or loses at Leicester. That’d be neat too.
Very Serious Spurs Fans™ are nervous about this game based on a historic collapse in 2016 that saw Spurs lose 5-1 to Newcastle while Arsenal won 4-0. I am not one of those people. There’s a reason why FiveThirtyEight’s Premier League odds have Spurs with “>99%” of finishing top four. But hey, let’s just get a result and put all doubt aside, ok?
Nice, easy kick-around in the park today, right Everton? Right.
How to Watch
Time/Date: Sunday, May 12, 2019 | 10 a.m. ET, 3:00 p.m. BST
Location: Location: Tottenham Hotspur Stadium, North London, United Kingdom
TV: not televised (United Kingdom), SyFy (USA-English), Sportsnet World (Canada), Optus (Australia), other countries at www.livesoccertv.com
Match thread rules:
- The match thread rules are the same as always. To any visitors coming here for the first time, welcome! We’re glad you’re here! Wipe your feet, mind the gap, and be sure to check out the other pages at this outstanding site. While you’re here, though, we have a few rules and regulations.
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They’re bad and they get us in trouble. Violators will be warned or banned.
- We have rules against “relentless negativity.” Nobody likes a Negative Nancy. Don’t knee-jerk and post outlandish or hurtful things just because you’re frustrated.
- Along those lines, outright abuse of players or match officials is verboten. It’s fine to say “wow, that’s a bad call, match official,” but it’s NOT okay to direct copious amounts of abuse in the direction of said official over a call you did not like.
- Treat other people in the match thread the way you would want someone else to treat your grandmother. Be nice. Observe Wheaton’s Law. This is a community of fans, not an un-moderated message board.
- NO SPIDERS!!
- Finally, while we don’t have a rule against profanity, please try and keep the naughty words in check. Nobody loves a potty mouth. Also, language that is sexist, racist, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you will be immediately banned. This is an open, supportive community.
- Have fun, and COYS!