The Premier League season is over, but that doesn’t mean that there isn’t still football going on this summer. England are in the semifinals of the inaugural Nations League competition, a new UEFA international competition that provides a pathway to qualification for EURO 2020.
Gareth Southgate has just announced his squad for the competition this summer, and as expected Tottenham Hotspur are well represented with six Spurs players making the squad: Harry Kane, Harry Winks, Dele Alli, Eric Dier, Kieran Trippier, and Danny Rose.
England, the Netherlands, Portugal, and Switzerland are the four remaining teams in the competition. England will play the Netherlands on June 6 at 2:45 p.m. at the Estádio D. Afonso Henriques in Guiamares, Portugal. The third place and finals will take place on June 9.
The inclusion of both Harry Winks and Harry Kane, both of whom are technically still injured and recovering, can be viewed as a strong suggestion that both are on track to recover in time to have a role in the Champions League final for Spurs on June 1, considering England’s first match is just five days after Spurs-Liverpool in Madrid.
Here’s the full England squad as selected by Southgate.
- Trent Alexander-Arnold (Liverpool)
- Dele Alli (Tottenham Hotspur)
- Ross Barkley (Chelsea)
- Jack Butland (Stoke City)
- Ben Chilwell (Leicester City)
- Fabian Delph (Manchester City)
- Eric Dier (Tottenham Hotspur)
- Joe Gomez (Liverpool)
- Tom Heaton (Burnley)
- Jordan Henderson (Liverpool)
- Harry Kane (Tottenham Hotspur)
- Michael Keane (Everton)
- Jesse Lingard (Manchester United)
- Harry Maguire (Leicester City)
- Jordan Pickford (Everton)
- Marcus Rashford (Manchester United)
- Nathan Redmond (Southampton)
- Declan Rice (West Ham United)
- Danny Rose (Tottenham Hotspur)
- Jadon Sancho (Borussia Dortmund)
- Raheem Sterling (Manchester City)
- John Stones (Manchester City)
- Kieran Trippier (Tottenham Hotspur)
- Kyle Walker (Manchester City)
- James Ward-Prowse (Southampton)
- Callum Wilson (AFC Bournemouth)
- Harry Winks (Tottenham Hotspur)