The magic number is 2.
Two points earned — or two points dropped by Arsenal — are all that’s needed for Tottenham Hotspur to clinch a place in the top four of the Premier League. They’re up against a team in Bournemouth that they walloped 5-0 at Wembley Stadium earlier in the season, one that has run hot and cold: terrible against the top six, much better against the bottom of the table.
But two points are not something to take for granted when you’re on the road in the Premier League, especially when you’re a tired squad running on fumes and with an even more critical Champions League semifinal second leg against Ajax coming up next Wednesday. This is not a match you take for granted.
This is a match, however, that can take the pressure off significantly, if they can win. That’s all they need to do. Just win.
TEAM NEWS— AFC Bournemouth (@afcbournemouth) May 4, 2019
A first ever @premierleague start for @marktravers40
Adam Smith returns to fitness
Jordon Ibe comes into the XI
Follow the game live https://t.co/RF94kHexCv#BOUTOT // #afcb pic.twitter.com/PU8upPeXWs
How to Watch
Time/Date: Saturday, May 4, 2019 | 7:30 a.m. ET, 12:30 p.m. BST
ELocation: Location: Dean Court/Vitality Stadium, Bournemouth, United Kingdom
TV: Sky Sports (United Kingdom), NBCSN (USA-English), TSN 1/4 (Canada), Optus (Australia), other countries at www.livesoccertv.com
Match thread rules:
- The match thread rules are the same as always. To any visitors coming here for the first time, welcome! We’re glad you’re here! Wipe your feet, mind the gap, and be sure to check out the other pages at this outstanding site. While you’re here, though, we have a few rules and regulations.
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They’re bad and they get us in trouble. Violators will be warned or banned.
- We have rules against “relentless negativity.” Nobody likes a Negative Nancy. Don’t knee-jerk and post outlandish or hurtful things just because you’re frustrated.
- Along those lines, outright abuse of players or match officials is verboten. It’s fine to say “wow, that’s a bad call, match official,” but it’s NOT okay to direct copious amounts of abuse in the direction of said official over a call you did not like.
- Treat other people in the match thread the way you would want someone else to treat your grandmother. Be nice. Observe Wheaton’s Law. This is a community of fans, not an un-moderated message board.
- NO SPIDERS!!
- Finally, while we don’t have a rule against profanity, please try and keep the naughty words in check. Nobody loves a potty mouth. Also, language that is sexist, racist, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you will be immediately banned. This is an open, supportive community.
- Have fun, and COYS!