It’s early again on a Thursday morning but Tottenham Hotspur are in preseason action today, taking on Premier League rivals Manchester United in Shanghai. This is Spurs’ second game of the 2019 International Champions Cup.
We’ll probably see much of what we saw against Juventus — a mixed team of established stars and fringe teamers/youth players, and a whole lot of subs. A win will give Spurs a boost as they try to repeat as ICC champions, and yes that’s an important thing to do.
How to Watch
A programming note: this match is not televised on TV anywhere in the USA or UK. Legal streaming options are listed below. Please do not post links to illegal streams in the comments; violators will be banned.
Tottenham Hotspur vs. Manchester United (International Champions Cup)
Date: Thursday, July 25, 2019
Time: 7:30 a.m. ET, 12:30 p.m. BST
Location: Hongkou Stadium, Shanghai, China
TV: Not Televised (USA/UK)
Streaming: ESPN+ ($, USA); MUTV (£, UK)
Cartilage Free Captain has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence editorial content, though Vox Media may earn commissions for products purchased via affiliate links.
Match thread rules:
- The match thread rules are the same as always. To any visitors coming here for the first time, welcome! We’re glad you’re here! Wipe your feet, mind the gap, and be sure to check out the other pages at this outstanding site. While you’re here, though, we have a few rules and regulations.
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They’re bad and they get us in trouble. Violators will be warned or banned.
- We have rules against “relentless negativity.” Nobody likes a Negative Nancy. Don’t knee-jerk and post outlandish or hurtful things just because you’re frustrated.
- Along those lines, outright abuse of players or match officials is also not allowed. It’s fine to say “wow, that was a really bad call,” but it’s NOT okay to direct copious amounts of abuse in the direction of said official over a call you did not like.
- Treat other people in the match thread the way you would want someone else to treat your grandmother. Be nice. Observe Wheaton’s Law. This is a community of fans, not an un-moderated message board.
- NO SPIDERS!!
- Finally, while we don’t have a rule against profanity, please try and keep the naughty words in check. Nobody loves a potty mouth. Also, language that is sexist, racist, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you will be immediately banned. This is an open, supportive community.
- Have fun, and COYS!