Another day, another preseason Tottenham Hotspur match in a foreign city. This time, Spurs are in Munich, Germany at the Allianz Arena, home of Bayern Munich, for the first of two matches in the biennial Audi Cup. Today, they will play Spanish giants Real Madrid in the semifinals.
Former Tottenham star (and current want-away Madrid player) Gareth Bale is not with the Real Madrid team after his big-money move to China collapsed a couple of days ago, but otherwise it’s the same squad that lost 7-3 to Atletico Madrid this past Friday. Spurs have most of the squad that went to Asia for the International Champions Cup in attendance, plus Hugo Lloris, Georges-Kevin Nkoudou, and Danny Rose. Ben Davies, Serge Aurier, and Eric Dier all stayed in London to recover from recent surgical procedures.
With two matches in two days, there will be a LOT of subs and a LOT of players getting 30-45 min of action today. Who knows what the lineups will look like!
How to Watch
Tottenham Hotspur vs. Real Madrid (Audi Cup)
Date: Tuesday, July 29, 2019
Time: 12:00 p.m. ET, 5:30 p.m. BST
Location: Allianz Arena, Munich, Germany
TV: Not Televised (USA), ITV 4 (UK)
Cartilage Free Captain has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence editorial content, though Vox Media may earn commissions for products purchased via affiliate links.
Match thread rules:
- The match thread rules are the same as always. To any visitors coming here for the first time, welcome! We’re glad you’re here! Wipe your feet, mind the gap, and be sure to check out the other pages at this outstanding site. While you’re here, though, we have a few rules and regulations.
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They’re bad and they get us in trouble. Violators will be warned or banned.
- We have rules against “relentless negativity.” Nobody likes a Negative Nancy. Don’t knee-jerk and post outlandish or hurtful things just because you’re frustrated.
- Along those lines, outright abuse of players or match officials is also not allowed. It’s fine to say “wow, that was a really bad call,” but it’s NOT okay to direct copious amounts of abuse in the direction of said official over a call you did not like.
- Treat other people in the match thread the way you would want someone else to treat your grandmother. Be nice. Observe Wheaton’s Law. This is a community of fans, not an un-moderated message board.
- NO SPIDERS!!
- Finally, while we don’t have a rule against profanity, please try and keep the naughty words in check. Nobody loves a potty mouth. Also, language that is sexist, racist, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you will be immediately banned. This is an open, supportive community.
- Have fun, and COYS!