Nobody wants to play Manchester City in week 2 of the Premier League. But then again, nobody wants to play Manchester City at ALL, so we might as well play them now. Tottenham Hotspur are in action at the Etihad Stadium, getting what will likely be their toughest match of the season out of the way early. They’ll do so without the injured Ben Davies, Dele Alli, and Juan Foyth, and the suspended Son Heung-Min. Harry Kane’s back, and firing on all cylinders after his week 1 brace against Aston Villa. Spurs are a good team. Maybe they can spring a surprise against the two-time defending champions.
#THFC: Lloris (C), Walker-Peters, Alderweireld, Sanchez, Rose, Winks, Sissoko, Ndombele, Eriksen, Lamela, Kane.— Tottenham Hotspur (@SpursOfficial) August 17, 2019
Latest from @WilliamHill (18+)https://t.co/0l5Duoee5K#PL ⚪️ #COYS pic.twitter.com/mcs9gNycyW
The line-up to kick-off our @premierleague home campaign!— Manchester City (@ManCity) August 17, 2019
XI | Ederson, Walker, Otamendi, Laporte, Zinchenko, Rodrigo, Gundogan, De Bruyne (C), Sterling, Bernardo, Aguero
Subs | Bravo, Jesus, Silva, Fernandinho, Mahrez, Cancelo, Foden
#MCITOT #mancity pic.twitter.com/2821WtGycp
How to Watch
Date: Saturday, August 17, 2019
Time: 12:30 p.m. ET, 5:30 p.m. BST
Location: Tottenham Hotspur Stadium, North London, UK
TV: NBC (USA), Sky (UK)
Streaming: NBC Sports Live (USA), Sky Go (UK)
Match thread rules:
The match thread rules are the same as always. To any visitors coming here for the first time, welcome! We’re glad you’re here! Wipe your feet, mind the gap, and be sure to check out the other pages at this outstanding site. While you’re here, though, we have a few rules and regulations.
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They’re bad and they get us in trouble. Violators will be warned or banned.
- We have rules against “relentless negativity.” Nobody likes a Negative Nancy. Don’t knee-jerk and post outlandish or hurtful things just because you’re frustrated.
- Along those lines, outright abuse of players or match officials is also not allowed. It’s fine to say “wow, that was a really bad call,” but it’s NOT okay to direct copious amounts of abuse in the direction of said official over a call you did not like.
- Treat other people in the match thread the way you would want someone else to treat your grandmother. Be nice. Observe Wheaton’s Law. This is a community of fans, not an un-moderated message board.
- NO SPIDERS!!
- Finally, while we don’t have a rule against profanity, please try and keep the naughty words in check. Also, language that is sexist, racist, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you will be immediately banned. This is an open, supportive community.
Have fun, and COYS!