It’s been a rough week in Tottenham Hotspur Land. A stupid loss at home to Newcastle will suck the wind out of your sails, and the predictable and still unwelcome barrage of news stories wondering “What’s Wrong with Tottenham” doesn’t help anything.
So maybe this is a good time to play Arsenal. Because in the North London Derby, usually you can chuck the narrative right out the window. Spurs are coming into this one as perceptive underdogs for what feels like the first time in a while. And despite the “power shift” in North London, Spurs haven’t beaten Arsenal away in the league since 2010. But maybe this is the year. Spurs still have injuries in key positions, but Dele is set for a return today (hopefully), and who knows — we might even get the GOOD Christian Eriksen, assuming he’s not on a flight to Madrid right now.
What I’m saying is, it’s the NLD. Let’s try and enjoy it, not just endure it.
#THFC: Lloris (C), Sanchez, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Rose, Winks, Sissoko, Eriksen, Lamela, Son, Kane— Tottenham Hotspur (@SpursOfficial) September 1, 2019
➡️ @WilliamHill latest (18+) https://t.co/O9tLkHLO3T #NorthLondonDerby ⚪️ #COYS pic.twitter.com/gUHdv1AOUK
How to Watch
Date: Sunday, September 1, 2019
Time: 11:30 a.m. ET, 4:30 p.m. BST
Location: Emirates Stadium, North London, UK
TV: NBCSN (USA), Telemundo (USA - Spanish), Sky Premier League/Main Event (UK)
Streaming: NBC Sports Live (USA), Sky Go (UK)
Match thread rules:
The match thread rules are the same as always. To any visitors coming here for the first time, welcome! We’re glad you’re here! Wipe your feet, mind the gap, and be sure to check out the other pages at this outstanding site. While you’re here, though, we have a few rules and regulations.
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They’re bad and they get us in trouble. Violators will be warned or banned.
- We have rules against “relentless negativity.” Nobody likes a Negative Nancy. Don’t knee-jerk and post outlandish or hurtful things just because you’re frustrated.
- Along those lines, outright abuse of players or match officials is also not allowed. It’s fine to say “wow, that was a really bad call,” but it’s NOT okay to direct copious amounts of abuse in the direction of said official over a call you did not like.
- Treat other people in the match thread the way you would want someone else to treat your grandmother. Be nice. Observe Wheaton’s Law. This is a community of fans, not an un-moderated message board.
- NO SPIDERS!!
- Finally, while we don’t have a rule against profanity, please try and keep the naughty words in check. Also, language that is sexist, racist, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you will be immediately banned. This is an open, supportive community.
Have fun, and COYS!