Last week, Tottenham Hotspur surprised many by losing only narrowly to Chelesa in their first ever WSL match at Stamford Bridge, by the score of 1-0. It was a loss, but an encouraging one as Spurs showed that they can hang with even the best teams in the Women’s Super League on their day. Spurs got good performances out of Rachel Furness, Kit Graham, and Gemma Davison in the loss.
Today, they play their first league match at their new home, The Hive. There won’t be a crowd of 24,000 fans today — The Hive only seats about 6000 — but Spurs will be hoping that their army of new fans will turn out in force to cheer them on against a Liverpool Women side that finished second from the bottom last season and fell last week at Reading.
Liverpool aren’t Chelsea — they are exactly the kind of team Spurs should be beating if they expect to stay up in the WSL this season. But neither are they pushovers — this could be an even match.
How to Watch
Date: Sunday, September 15, 2019
Time: 9 a.m. ET, 2 p.m. BST
Location: The Hive, London, UK
TV: not televised (USA, UK)
Streaming: The FA Player
All WSL matches this season will be broadcast on The FA Player, a streaming service run by the FA. It is free and is not geo-restricted, but registration is required.
Match thread rules:
The match thread rules are the same as always. To any visitors coming here for the first time, welcome! We’re glad you’re here! Wipe your feet, mind the gap, and be sure to check out the other pages at this outstanding site. While you’re here, though, we have a few rules and regulations.
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They’re bad and they get us in trouble. Violators will be warned or banned.
- We have rules against “relentless negativity.” Nobody likes a Negative Nancy. Don’t knee-jerk and post outlandish or hurtful things just because you’re frustrated.
- Along those lines, outright abuse of players or match officials is also not allowed. It’s fine to say “wow, that was a really bad call,” but it’s NOT okay to direct copious amounts of abuse in the direction of said official over a call you did not like.
- Treat other people in the match thread the way you would want someone else to treat your grandmother. Be nice. Observe Wheaton’s Law. This is a community of fans, not an un-moderated message board.
- NO SPIDERS!!
- Finally, while we don’t have a rule against profanity, please try and keep the naughty words in check. Also, language that is sexist, racist, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you will be immediately banned. This is an open, supportive community.
Have fun, and COYS!