With the Premier League campaign not going super well, and the Champions League Group Stage starting off with a stumble, Tottenham Hotspur enters into its third competition of the new season. The League Cup has never been the most glamorous — or the most important — cup for Spurs, but with some early uncertainties to begin the year, any sort of win feels good.
Tottenham travels to Essex on Tuesday night to take on a Colchester United side that currently sits just 10th in League Two. Though Colchester did knock off Crystal Palace in the Second Round, this should be a match that should be a simple win for Spurs, even with some fresh faces on the pitch.
The last time these two sides faced off was in the Fourth Round of the 2015-16 FA Cup. Tottenham came out victorious 4-1 with goals from Nacer Chadli (lol), Eric Dier (who?), and Tom Carroll (!). Do not be surprised to see similar types of names find the scoresheet in the 2019 rematch.
Manager Mauricio Pochettino has always had a tenuous relationship with the domestic cups, but he should be able to punt that conversation down the line. With a big match against Bayern Munich just a week away, rotation will be the name of the game. Get the win, stay healthy, and head back home to North London.
#THFC: Gazzaniga, Walker-Peters, Sanchez, Tanganga, Davies, Dier (C), Wanyama, Skipp, Dele, Lucas, Parrott.— Tottenham Hotspur (@SpursOfficial) September 24, 2019
Latest odds from @WilliamHill (18+)https://t.co/WEjUeUqFUj#THFC ⚪️ #COYS pic.twitter.com/5DlQlfx6Ba
How to Watch
Date: Tuesday, September 24, 2019
Time: 2:45 p.m. ET, 7:45 p.m. BST
Location: JobServe Community Stadium, Colchester, Essex, England
TV: Not televised (UK/USA)
Streaming: ESPN+ (USA)
Match thread rules
The match thread rules are the same as always. To any visitors coming here for the first time, welcome! We’re glad you’re here! Wipe your feet, mind the gap, and be sure to check out the other pages at this outstanding site. While you’re here, though, we have a few rules and regulations:
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They’re bad and they get us in trouble. Violators will be warned or banned.
- We have rules against “relentless negativity.” Nobody likes a Negative Nancy. Don’t knee-jerk and post outlandish or hurtful things just because you’re frustrated.
- Along those lines, outright abuse of players or match officials is also not allowed. It’s fine to say “wow, that was a really bad call,” but it’s NOT okay to direct copious amounts of abuse in the direction of said official over a call you did not like.
- Treat other people in the match thread the way you would want someone else to treat your grandmother. Be nice. Observe Wheaton’s Law. This is a community of fans, not an un-moderated message board.
- NO SPIDERS!!
- Finally, while we don’t have a rule against profanity, please try and keep the naughty words in check. Also, language that is sexist, racist, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you will be immediately banned. This is an open, supportive community.
Have fun, and COYS!
Cartilage Free Captain has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence editorial content, though Cartilage Free Captain may earn commissions for products purchased via affiliate links.