Things are not going well in North London. Tottenham Hotspur have won just twice in eight competitive matches this season, with the embarrassing defeat to Colchester United being the latest failure. Obviously this team is much better than it is currently showing, but if changes do not happen soon then it may not matter.
Spurs welcome Southampton to the new stadium this Saturday, another match that looks winnable on paper, but is likely not so straightforward. The Saints have just seven points through six Premier League matches, but then again, this is just one point off of Tottenham thus far, so who knows. Southampton has played two top six sides already, losing to Liverpool and drawing against Manchester United, both at home.
At this point, all Tottenham supporters are looking for some hope right now. There have been some injury problems to start the year, though this is not a legitimate excuse for the weekly poor performances. The results must get better quickly, but the team has to look better on the pitch as well. Too many times have Spurs conceded leads this season, and there has been little dominance of lesser sides.
Tuesday is a big match against Bayern Munich, but Tottenham cannot afford to keep dropping winnable points in the League. There is no such thing as a must-win match this early in the season, but if Spurs put out yet another unsatisfactory performance, the issue will only continue to grow.
How to Watch
Match thread rules
The match thread rules are the same as always. To any visitors coming here for the first time, welcome! We’re glad you’re here! Wipe your feet, mind the gap, and be sure to check out the other pages at this outstanding site. While you’re here, though, we have a few rules and regulations:
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They’re bad and they get us in trouble. Violators will be warned or banned.
- We have rules against “relentless negativity.” Nobody likes a Negative Nancy. Don’t knee-jerk and post outlandish or hurtful things just because you’re frustrated.
- Along those lines, outright abuse of players or match officials is also not allowed. It’s fine to say “wow, that was a really bad call,” but it’s NOT okay to direct copious amounts of abuse in the direction of said official over a call you did not like.
- Treat other people in the match thread the way you would want someone else to treat your grandmother. Be nice. Observe Wheaton’s Law. This is a community of fans, not an un-moderated message board.
- NO SPIDERS!!
- Finally, while we don’t have a rule against profanity, please try and keep the naughty words in check. Also, language that is sexist, racist, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you will be immediately banned. This is an open, supportive community.
Have fun, and COYS!