Tottenham Hotspur Women and West Ham Women are old foes — London rivals and now league competitors. Spurs and the Hammers have played each other twice already this season, with Spurs coming away winners both times — first an important 2-0 WSL win at the London Stadium in September, and again at Rush Green in the Continental Cup in October, this time on penalties.
Now, finally, Spurs can host West Ham at the Hive, and the Women are hoping that third time is NOT the charm. This could also be the first time we see Spurs’ new signing Emma Mitchell, a loanee from Arsenal and potentially a key part of Spurs’ midfield.
Finally, it’s a Spurs Women match that isn’t being played at the same time as the men!
How to Watch
Date: Sunday, January 12, 2020
Time: 9:00 a.m. ET, 2:00 p.m. BST
Location: The Hive, Edgware, UK
TV: not televised
Streaming: The FA Player
All WSL matches this season will be broadcast on The FA Player, a streaming service run by the FA. It is free and is not geo-restricted, but registration is required.
Match thread rules:
The match thread rules are the same as always. To any visitors coming here for the first time, welcome! We’re glad you’re here! Wipe your feet, mind the gap, and be sure to check out the other pages at this outstanding site. While you’re here, though, we have a few rules and regulations.
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They’re bad and they get us in trouble. Violators will be warned or banned.
- We have rules against “relentless negativity.” Nobody likes a Negative Nancy. Don’t knee-jerk and post outlandish or hurtful things just because you’re frustrated.
- Along those lines, outright abuse of players or match officials is also not allowed. It’s fine to say “wow, that was a really bad call,” but it’s NOT okay to direct copious amounts of abuse in the direction of said official over a call you did not like.
- Treat other people in the match thread the way you would want someone else to treat your grandmother. Be nice. Observe Wheaton’s Law. This is a community of fans, not an un-moderated message board.
- NO SPIDERS!!
- Finally, while we don’t have a rule against profanity, please try and keep the naughty words in check. Also, language that is sexist, racist, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you will be immediately banned. This is an open, supportive community.
Have fun, and COYS!