It feels like Tottenham Hotspur just can’t escape teams like Norwich and Southampton. The draw for the FA Cup Fifth Round was held today, and should Spurs proceed to the next round by beating Southampton in their replay next Wednesday, they will host the Canaries at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium.
Spurs drew against relegation threatened Norwich at Carrow Road 2-2 on December 28 but defeated them 2-1 at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium last week. It would be another good opportunity for Spurs to proceed to the quarterfinals of the competition, the last legitimate competition they have a reasonable chance of winning.
Overall, it’s a good draw I guess, because I’d sure rather play a club like Norwich than one like Liverpool or Leicester. But I’d RATHER rather play a lower-league club because those games are usually fun. But first Spurs have to beat Southampton. I would like it very much if they did that.
The overall draw is pretty disappointing, with the only real potential tasty matchup being Chelsea potentially (likely) hosting Liverpool. Here’s the full draw.
- Sheffield Wednesday vs Manchester City
- Reading/Cardiff City vs Sheffield United
- Chelsea vs Shrewsbury/Liverpool
- West Bromwich Albion vs Newcastle/Oxford United
- Leicester City vs Birmingham City/Coventry City
- Northampton Town/Derby County vs Manchester United
- Southampton/Tottenham Hotspur vs Norwich City
- Portsmouth vs Bournemouth/Arsenal