Let’s kick things off with some wholesome tennis content, featuring Kim Clijsters, Sofia Kenin, and with a brief appearance from Andy Roddick.
Ramble of the Day
Happy deadline day! To celebrate, I’m going to put all of the transfers I tracked down while assembling the Hoddle in today’s ramble. It’s not just the perfect thing to do on a day like today, it’ll also look nicer than it did if I jammed them all in the links. (It was turning into a chunk of transfers, and I was no longer in love with the format.)
Anyway, transfer updates:
- Manchester United signed Bruno Fernandes from Sporting Lisbon
- Sheffield United signed Sander Berge from Genk
- Wolverhampton signed Daniel Podence from Olympiacos
- Burnley signed Josh Brownhill from Bristol City
- West Ham signed Tomáš Souček from Slavia Prague
Links of the Day
The Chinese Super League indefinitely postponed the start of the 2020 season because of coronavirus concerns.
Reports of racist incidents at football matches in England rose by 50% from two seasons ago to last season, per the Home Office.
Today’s longer read: Bruce Schoenfeld profiles Bayer Leverkusen’s Kai Havertz as he begins to make his name as the next star out of Germany for ESPN