Tottenham Hotspur moved up to fifth in the Premier League after Monday’s win against Burnley and now have won two in a row (with two clean sheets!), extending the unbeaten run to 10 matches across all competitions. The heavy dose of fixtures continues on Thursday as Spurs travel to Belgium to face Antwerp in the second week of Europa League Group Stage matches.
The two sides sit tied at the top of Group J after Tottenham’s 3-0 win over LASK and Antwerp’s 2-1 come-from-behind victory over Ludogorets. The Belgian side fell in the Europa League playoffs last year but finished fourth in the league and were able to progress to the Group Stage this season with a decent shot at moving on to the knockout portion of the competition.
Last week’s win over LASK was fairly comfortable for Spurs, with a couple early goals providing a nice cushion before Heung-Min Son sealed it late. Jose Mourinho went with a rotated side, and this is likely to be the case again after playing just three days prior. Tottenham are heavy favorites to win the group, and it should not be too hard to grab another three points, even on the road.
Fans will undoubtedly be focused on the quality of the performance, though, and not just the end result. While the team has shown an ability to put forth plenty of goals, doing so consistently against weaker competition is still a work in progress. Even more important is being able to defend well, which Spurs have shown over the past two matches since collapsing against West Ham. Making it three in a row is certainly in reach and should be the expectation on Thursday.
How to Watch
Date: Thursday, October 29, 2020
Time: 1:55 p.m. ET, 5:55 p.m. BT
Location: Bosuilstadion, Antwerp, Belgium
TV: Unimas (USA - Spanish), BT Sport 2 (UK)
Streaming: CBS All Access (USA), BT Sport Extra (UK)
Cartilage Free Captain has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence editorial content, though Cartilage Free Captain and SB Nation may earn commissions for products purchased via affiliate links. For more information, see our guiding principles.
Match thread rules
The match thread rules are the same as always. To any visitors coming here for the first time, welcome! We’re glad you’re here! Wipe your feet, mind the gap, and be sure to check out the other pages at this outstanding site. While you’re here, though, we have a few rules and regulations:
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They’re bad and they get us in trouble. Violators will be warned or banned.
- We have rules against “relentless negativity.” Nobody likes a Negative Nancy. Don’t knee-jerk and post outlandish or hurtful things just because you’re frustrated.
- Along those lines, outright abuse of players or match officials is also not allowed. It’s fine to say “wow, that was a really bad call,” but it’s NOT okay to direct copious amounts of abuse in the direction of said official over a call you did not like.
- Treat other people in the match thread the way you would want someone else to treat your grandmother. Be nice. This is a community of fans, not an unmoderated message board.
- Finally, while we don’t have a rule against profanity, please try and keep the naughty words in check. Also, language that is sexist, racist, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you will be immediately banned. This is an open, supportive community.
Have fun, and COYS!