Tottenham Hotspur Women are in the middle of a brutal stretch. After losing to Arsenal 4-0 in the FA Cup last week, they now face off against title contenders Manchester City. A solid City team that finished second in the league last season has been improved with the loan signings of USA women’s national team players Sam Mewis and Rose Lavelle. They’re real good.
Spurs, by contrast, have yet to score from open play in any of their first three matches. That’s not great! But they have something the other teams don’t — Alex Morgan. Unfortunately, she’s likely to start the match the way she did against Arsenal: on the bench. She may come in as a substitute to make her Tottenham debut, but don’t expect her from the opening kick.
TEAM NEWS— Man City Women (@ManCityWomen) October 4, 2020
XI | Roebuck, Bonner, Houghton (C), Kelly, Beckie, Morgan, White, Weir, Mewis, Walsh, Greenwood.
SUBS | Bardsley, Taieb, Stokes, Coombs, Scott, Stanway, Park, Bronze, Lavelle.
How to Watch
Manchester City Women vs. Tottenham Hotspur Women
Sunday, October 4, 2020
7:30 a.m. ET | 12:30 p.m. BST
Academy Stadium, Manchester, England
TV: not televised (USA/UK)
Stream: NBC Sports Live (USA), BBC Red Button (UK), The FA Player (international)
Match Thread Rules
The match thread rules are the same as always. To any visitors coming here for the first time, welcome! We’re glad you’re here! Wipe your feet, mind the gap, and be sure to check out the other pages at this outstanding site. While you’re here, though, we have a few rules and regulations:
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They’re bad and they get us in trouble. Violators will be warned or banned.
- We have rules against “relentless negativity.” Nobody likes a Negative Nancy. Don’t knee-jerk and post outlandish or hurtful things just because you’re frustrated.
- Along those lines, outright abuse of players or match officials is also not allowed. It’s fine to say “wow, that was a really bad call,” but it’s NOT okay to direct copious amounts of abuse in the direction of said official over a call you did not like.
- Treat other people in the match thread the way you would want someone else to treat your grandmother. Be nice. This is a community of fans, not an unmoderated message board.
- Finally, while we don’t have a rule against profanity, please try and keep the naughty words in check. Also, language that is sexist, racist, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you will be immediately banned. This is an open, supportive community.
Have fun, and COYSW!