The men’s side are in the middle of another international break, but there’s still Tottenham Hotspur football to be watched today. Spurs Women travel to Twerton Park in Bath to play against Bristol City in WSL league action.
Tottenham have had a rough road of it to begin the WSL season. A brutal stretch of fixtures in league play has resulted in losses to Everton, Manchester City, Manchester United, and Arsenal, and draws against West Ham and Reading. Spurs have two points from their first 18, but the good news is that they have a great opportunity today to pick up three points against the club at the bottom of the table.
If Spurs have had a rough go of it in the WSL thus far this season, Bristol City’s been even worse. They are winless in the league in five matches with an astounding -26 goal differential. Their best result thus far (in an I-can’t-believe-it-was-even-that-close way) was a 3-1 loss away at a full-strength Arsenal team. This really is a match that Spurs should comfortably win. But, that’s why you play the games.
Alex Morgan made her Tottenham Hotspur debut in last weekend’s draw at Reading, playing 25 minutes for her first competitive action in over a year. I don’t know if that means she will start today’s game, but if you wanted a match where Morgan has the potential to shine, it’s this one. We’ll see what happens.
...— Tottenham Hotspur Women (@SpursWomen) November 14, 2020
@alexmorgan13 makes her first start for the Club.
➡️ @hann_godfrey and @luciamarte90 return to the starting XI.
Academy player @esthermorgan1h1 named on the bench. #SpurHerOn ⚪️ #COYS pic.twitter.com/t2a4sUudWf
How to Watch
Bristol City Women vs. Tottenham Women
Saturday, November 14, 2020
1:30 p.m. ET, 6:30 p.m. BST
Twerton Park Stadium, Bath, Somerset, UK
TV: not televised (USA, UK)
Streaming: The FA Player (free, registration required)
Match thread rules
The match thread rules are the same as always. To any visitors coming here for the first time, welcome! We’re glad you’re here! Wipe your feet, mind the gap, and be sure to check out the other pages at this outstanding site. While you’re here, though, we have a few rules and regulations:
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They’re bad and they get us in trouble. Violators will be warned or banned.
- We have rules against “relentless negativity.” Nobody likes a Negative Nancy. Don’t knee-jerk and post outlandish or hurtful things just because you’re frustrated.
- Along those lines, outright abuse of players or match officials is also not allowed. It’s fine to say “wow, that was a really bad call,” but it’s NOT okay to direct copious amounts of abuse in the direction of said official over a call you did not like.
- Treat other people in the match thread the way you would want someone else to treat your grandmother. Be nice. This is a community of fans, not an un-moderated message board.
- Finally, while we don’t have a rule against profanity, please try and keep the naughty words in check. Also, language that is sexist, racist, transphobic,
- or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you will be immediately banned. This is an open, supportive community.
Have fun, and COYS!