After four straight matches of scoring at least three goals, Tottenham Hotspur has managed just three goals total over its past three outings. This still resulted in a pair of victories that vaulted the club into third in the Premier League table, but those wins sandwiched a drab performance in Belgium, as Spurs dropped their second Europa League Group Stage match to Antwerp.
Now there is some work to do heading into Matchday 3, as Tottenham sits tied for second in Group J with LASK, three points behind Antwerp. A contest against Ludogorets represents a good chance to get back on the right side of things, as the Bulgarian side has lost both of its two Group Stage fixtures thus far.
Spurs are still expected to progress into the knockout rounds, but solidifying this as soon as possible is key for the team given the volume and importance of upcoming Premier League matches. Being able to wrap up the Group Stage as quickly as possible will allow Jose Mourinho to rotate his squad later on and make sure his key players stay fit.
Unfortunately, there is probably not of rotation expected this week, as Mourhino was very unhappy with the performance of his starting XI last week in Belgium. The four substitutions he made coming out of halftime last week, as well as his pre-match comments on Wednesday support this idea, so Tottenham will being leaning on its best players to bring home three points from Bulgaria.
How to Watch
Date: Thursday, November 5, 2020
Time: 12:55 p.m. ET, 5:55 p.m. BT
Location: Huvepharma Arena, Razgrad, Bulgaria
TV: TUDN (USA - Spanish), BT Sport 2 (UK)
Streaming: CBS All Access (USA), BTSport.com (UK)
Cartilage Free Captain has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence editorial content, though Cartilage Free Captain and SB Nation may earn commissions for products purchased via affiliate links. For more information, see our guiding principles.
Match thread rules
The match thread rules are the same as always. To any visitors coming here for the first time, welcome! We’re glad you’re here! Wipe your feet, mind the gap, and be sure to check out the other pages at this outstanding site. While you’re here, though, we have a few rules and regulations:
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They’re bad and they get us in trouble. Violators will be warned or banned.
- We have rules against “relentless negativity.” Nobody likes a Negative Nancy. Don’t knee-jerk and post outlandish or hurtful things just because you’re frustrated.
- Along those lines, outright abuse of players or match officials is also not allowed. It’s fine to say “wow, that was a really bad call,” but it’s NOT okay to direct copious amounts of abuse in the direction of said official over a call you did not like.
- Treat other people in the match thread the way you would want someone else to treat your grandmother. Be nice. This is a community of fans, not an unmoderated message board.
- Finally, while we don’t have a rule against profanity, please try and keep the naughty words in check. Also, language that is sexist, racist, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you will be immediately banned. This is an open, supportive community.
Have fun, and COYS!