It’s been an absolutely killer stretch of matches to open to the 2020-21 WSL season for Tottenham Hotspur Women. Their opening five matches included games again Everton, Manchester City, Manchester United, and Arsenal, four of the best teams in the league this season. Predictably, it hasn’t gone well — Spurs have zero wins and just one point from their opening five league matches, and their only win in all competitions has come against a second division opponent.
Today’s opponent, Reading, is another challenge, but perhaps an easier one. Reading have wins over newly promoted Aston Villa and West Ham and were expected to be in the chasing pack behind the Big Four along with Spurs this season. They’ve gotten off to a faster start than Spurs, but they’re a team that Tottenham should be able compete with. Tottenham also has Alex Morgan, though I’ve given up predicting when she might start. She will when she’s ready.
How to Watch
Tottenham Women vs. Reading Women
Saturday, November 7, 2020
9:00 a.m. ET, 2:00 p.m. BST
The Hive, Edgeware, London, UK
TV: not televised (USA, UK)
Streaming: The FA Player (free, registration required)
Match thread rules
The match thread rules are the same as always. To any visitors coming here for the first time, welcome! We’re glad you’re here! Wipe your feet, mind the gap, and be sure to check out the other pages at this outstanding site. While you’re here, though, we have a few rules and regulations:
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They’re bad and they get us in trouble. Violators will be warned or banned.
- We have rules against “relentless negativity.” Nobody likes a Negative Nancy. Don’t knee-jerk and post outlandish or hurtful things just because you’re frustrated.
- Along those lines, outright abuse of players or match officials is also not allowed. It’s fine to say “wow, that was a really bad call,” but it’s NOT okay to direct copious amounts of abuse in the direction of said official over a call you did not like.
- Treat other people in the match thread the way you would want someone else to treat your grandmother. Be nice. This is a community of fans, not an un-moderated message board.
- Finally, while we don’t have a rule against profanity, please try and keep the naughty words in check. Also, language that is sexist, racist, transphobic,
- or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you will be immediately banned. This is an open, supportive community.
Have fun, and COYS!