It may be the festive period, but spirits are not too bright around Tottenham Hotspur right now. With just one point taken from their last three league matches, Spurs have dropped from the top of the table to outside the top four. The season is still relatively young, but it is hard to not let old feelings start to creep in.
To turn things around, Tottenham must get a result at the Molineux against an always tricky Wolves side. The home team has struggled out of the gate with as many wins as losses thus far and goals hard to come by. They have lost three of their four December matches, though that win did come over Chelsea.
Last season saw the visiting side take three points both times. Lucas Moura scored early last December, but it took a memorable Jan Verthongen winner in stoppage time to claim the 1-2 victory. Meanwhile, an opener by Steven Bergwijn and a rare Serge Aurier goal were not enough in a 2-3 collapse in March.
Wednesday’s win over Stoke City — and subsequent semifinal draw — give Spurs a great shot at a League Cup final, and maybe this positive result can translate back to the league. Either way, Jose Mourinho must find a way to stop the bleeding. With four matches over the next 10 days, the time to rebound is now.
How to Watch
Date: Sunday, December 27, 2020
Time: 2:15 p.m. ET, 7:15 p.m. BT
Location: Molineux Stadium, Wolverhampton, England
TV: NBCSN (USA), Sky Sports Main Event (UK)
Streaming: NBCSports.com (USA), Sky GO Extra (UK)
Cartilage Free Captain has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence editorial content, though Cartilage Free Captain and SB Nation may earn commissions for products purchased via affiliate links. For more information, see our guiding principles.
Match thread rules
The match thread rules are the same as always. To any visitors coming here for the first time, welcome! We’re glad you’re here! Wipe your feet, mind the gap, and be sure to check out the other pages at this outstanding site. While you’re here, though, we have a few rules and regulations:
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They’re bad and they get us in trouble. Violators will be warned or banned.
- We have rules against “relentless negativity.” Nobody likes a Negative Nancy. Don’t knee-jerk and post outlandish or hurtful things just because you’re frustrated.
- Along those lines, outright abuse of players or match officials is also not allowed. It’s fine to say “wow, that was a really bad call,” but it’s NOT okay to direct copious amounts of abuse in the direction of said official over a call you did not like.
- Treat other people in the match thread the way you would want someone else to treat your grandmother. Be nice. This is a community of fans, not an unmoderated message board.
- Finally, while we don’t have a rule against profanity, please try and keep the naughty words in check. Also, language that is sexist, racist, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you will be immediately banned. This is an open, supportive community.
Have fun, and COYS!