And here we are, once again. The North London Derby is back, and so too are a select number of fans for the first time since the pandemic began. Tottenham Hotspur have ended the last two matchweeks on top of the Premier League, but all bets are off when it comes to the club’s most bitter rivalry.
Arsenal is terrible right now, sitting eight points back and not having won a Premier League match in over a month, scoring just 10 total goals thus far. However, anyone who is a Spurs supporter knows just how easy it can be to choke in situations like these, so guards are up heading into the derby on Sunday.
Last season saw Tottenham throw away a two-goal lead on the road behind a Christian Eriksen opener and Harry Kane penalty before the home side eventually made it 2-2. The return fixture looked headed for the same result, but a late Toby Alderweireld header gave Spurs the 2-1 win, with Heung-Min Son leveling the match earlier after a bad defensive miscue by the Gunners.
Last weekend’s draw against Chelsea was a good result, but it has not been the best week of football for Spurs. Chances are this likely changes on Sunday, but the visitors are sure to ramp up their efforts as well. Tottenham really need this one, and a comfortable win today would send an emphatic message on the state of this rivalry.
How to Watch
Date: Sunday, December 6, 2020
Time: 11:30 a.m. ET, 4:30 p.m. BT
Location: Tottenham Hotspur Stadium, London, England
TV: none (USA), Sky Sports Main Event (UK)
Streaming: Peacock Premium (USA), Sky GO Extra (UK)
Cartilage Free Captain has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence editorial content, though Cartilage Free Captain and SB Nation may earn commissions for products purchased via affiliate links. For more information, see our guiding principles.
Match thread rules
The match thread rules are the same as always. To any visitors coming here for the first time, welcome! We’re glad you’re here! Wipe your feet, mind the gap, and be sure to check out the other pages at this outstanding site. While you’re here, though, we have a few rules and regulations:
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They’re bad and they get us in trouble. Violators will be warned or banned.
- We have rules against “relentless negativity.” Nobody likes a Negative Nancy. Don’t knee-jerk and post outlandish or hurtful things just because you’re frustrated.
- Along those lines, outright abuse of players or match officials is also not allowed. It’s fine to say “wow, that was a really bad call,” but it’s NOT okay to direct copious amounts of abuse in the direction of said official over a call you did not like.
- Treat other people in the match thread the way you would want someone else to treat your grandmother. Be nice. This is a community of fans, not an unmoderated message board.
- Finally, while we don’t have a rule against profanity, please try and keep the naughty words in check. Also, language that is sexist, racist, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you will be immediately banned. This is an open, supportive community.
Have fun, and COYS!